UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My 620 finished at last......

Old 31-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #16
MagnaJeep

I use this online tool:
http://picr.de/

Simple and effective, but i'm sure that there are similiar tools
in english language or you can show pictures like LVC suggests.

Trying to get rid of the cable ties?
When you are stuck somewhere I'll guide you through.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVC View Post
Like this....

Helpful aren't I

Seriously though "quote" this post and you can see the format - you have to put the www reference bit within IMG quotes by clicking on the "Insert image" icon (looks like a photo in grey and yellow)
Thanks, I’ve already got as far as the "insert image" icon but then it wants a link. If I’m uploading images from my PC how do I create a link?? - or do I need to load them on the Forum's gallery first?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
Panther

You can upload photo's to anywhere, even facebook or just as a normal attachment like you have just done.

right click on the picture ---> properties and cope the 'Location:' eg for your photo no2 [url]http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=12878&d=1248727724
(excluding [url] )

then type [img] past location [/img]

I hope that helps.

I think in general the guys who run the site prefer it if peps post pictures from 'other locations' to save space on the ukmoc server.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
Space Cadet

I must be an idiot or something, because I still can't copy my photos off my PC.

One of the pictures I was trying to copy off my PC has the location " C:\Users\Mark & Gem\Pictures\Bike", so I copied this onto the 'insert image' URL link and it still didn't work??

Am I missing something (like a PC degree!!)?

Last edited by Space Cadet; 03-08-2009 at 08:52 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #20
Scootaboy

thats the location of your file on your pc - it's not accessable to the internet ie people on this site - it needs to be copied to a website say photobucket (they will host your files for free) and you then get the location from there ie. http://www.photobucket.com/spacecadet/xxxx.jpg or whatever it is.

though I'm sure you can upload them to this forum? or maybe not I havent tried
Old 03-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #21
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Thumbs up

Yep as Scootaboy says you need to be referencing an internet address (like a hosting site) for the "insert image" - your location " C:\Users\Mark & Gem\Pictures\Bike" is not an internet address but a "local" one and as Scootaboy says not accessible by the public to view (only toe-rags who scan and try and nick your bank details ).

I use photobucket as well - free and really easy check it out >>>

www.photobucket.com

I reduce my photos to 800x600 first so they're less heavy to upload and quicker for the rest of the world to view also

Shout if you get stuck
Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #22
Space Cadet

Thanks guys, I’m really not as dumb as I seem!!

I now understand and will try uploading the pictures to the site’s gallery and then do the link thing.

I’m just being a show-off really as wanted to post some better pictures of my bike as the link pictures didn’t do the bike any justice.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
Space Cadet

Argghh this is doing my head in, how do I start my own gallery in the gallery section??