UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » G-tech

Old 28-09-2016, 07:12 AM   #16
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If you still end up stuck my suggestion would be get the bike over to Iain who knows Ducati and is very good

01604 210900
iain.rhodes@rhodesbikes.com

Rhodes & Track, Unit 9 Millbrook Close, St. James Business Park, Northampton. NN5 5JF

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 12:43 PM   #17
Elainesu

As an update. Apparently the second hand starter motor did the trick. It now starts everytime. Problem is he cant buy this starter motor, so is going to get a reconditioned one off ebay. Fingers crossed. Apparently although he said he had checked the bushes inside the motor and said they were okay etc etc etc, on taking it to bits they were worn on one side, which would explain why bumping it back and forwards would get it to start. Sorry this explanation is not a reflection on the mechanic but my interpretation of what he told me. Said I was clueless in a previous message. Although I did originally think that if it wasn't the battery it must be the starter motor :
Old 28-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #18
Unit 18

Surely this would be better than a second hand unit?

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/SM9162.html
Old 28-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
Elainesu

g-tech actually got an account with them, so going to have a look at product. Thank you so much for all your comments and suggestions. X
Old 28-10-2016, 02:43 PM   #20
Elainesu

as an update from above post. Beloved bike back in garage, all working now. Phew. Feel my right arm had been chopped off, with no bike in garage. Was starter motor. One was ordered from electrexworld. Thank you to Unit 18, for this suggestion. Was very difficult problem as it was so intermittent initially. Apparently bushes were worn on one side! Thanks to G-Tech and thank you forum for all your suggestions and help.
Elaine
Old 28-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #21
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
May have been a bent spindle in the starter motor, which was a problem I had with my old 750SS? Was a right pain to find the problem and only found once everything else was either checked or replaced and the starter was pulled apart. Then some bar stewards nicked the damned thing!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 12:55 AM   #22
Chriswilly

Bike: M900ie
Glad your problem is sorted.

Just to elaborate on this theme - I had problems actually 'turning' the engine over on the starter motor on my 900ie from cold even with a new Motobatt fitted.

Bought some 60amp cable from the solenoid to the motor and the problem was solved.

The voltage drop on original cable was massive.
Chriswilly is offline   Reply With Quote