UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » A simple wheel lift?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
The Clockie

A simple wheel lift?

One of the jobs I enjoy least is fitting wheels back in to front and back. OK; the front is pretty easy, but the back requires juggling of the wheel, the chain, the brake caliper mount and various external spacers. This would be OK with two people but on my own I find it a real chore and inevitably messy.

I have as many forms of bike lift as you could shake a stick at but the back wheel still needs to be at just the right height off the floor to get the axle through, and different bikes need different heights. I also have an engine lift platform which works well and is strong, but it's too thick for wheels even in the closed-down position.

Has anyone overcome this problem, either with a commercially-available rig, or by some homemade effort, preferably in a way that doesn't still need three hands? I'm trying hard to devise something, maybe based on two plates supported at each end by wedges if I can't make something with a screw-thread.

Over to you-all!

Nick