UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Archive » WDW 2014 » WDW 2014 Fly and Ride

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
pompone
MaleDucati

Bike: M900
Smile WDW 2014 Fly and Ride

WDW 2014
Following what I think was a moderate success from last couple of events and following experience and feedback from the people attending previous years the formula for WDW2014 will change slightly.
I apologise if this sound like a business pitch (and in a way shamelessly is) but I think is the best way to proceed if you want… so stay with me..
This will work more like a tour operator package rather than organizing the accommodation as, in all fairness, would make holidays a bit easier to enjoy too and if you want you’ll be buying into the whole experience “fully inclusive” which should also help a)save some money b)have a budget and stop costs spiralling out of control.
As per previous year we’ll be offering a “fly and ride” service, where we’ll be transporting the bikes for you and you can just fly without carrying tons of stuff as part of the deal will be to carry luggage/leathers/spare tires(more on this last subject to come.. )
So we’ll be offering a couple of different packages

Package 1
Fly to Malpensa and meet in Gallarate
Wednesday Track day at Castelletto di Branduzzo (hence the tires if you want some sticky rubber) with a local instructor available on the day OR Spirited Tour of the Lakes led by a local guide with Lunch included /Pizza in the evening/Accommodation in Gallarate
Thursday make your way to Misano/Evening dinner out in Cattolica/Accommodation in Cattolica
Friday Trip to Florence on the Futa Pass /Evening BBQ with enough alcohol to satisfy the driest of mouths/Accommodation in Cattolica
Saturday WDW Misano/Alternative DOC party with pizza and beer (This is not for the faint hearted, pictures from 2012 were too explicit to load and that was from Mrs.C alone ) /Accommodation in Cattolica
Sunday Visit to Marco Simoncelli tribute, and if we feel brave a quick blast into Umbria/Accommodation in Cattolica
Monday Departures

Package 2
You fly into Bologna/Rimini on the Thursday and we make sure your bike is at the airport waiting for you and you can join for all of the above (bar the Wednesday activities, obviously)
We can also make sure your bike is in Misano if you’re only down for the weekend, in which case you’ll be responsible for making your own way there. Rates in this case will have to be discussed on a case-by-case agreement.

Allowance included in package: bike (obviously), 1 full bike kit+1jacket, 1 large suitcase, 1 set of tires. You’ll find your bike READY and FULLY FUELLED when picking it up.
Bikes will have to be dropped by the Tuesday afternoon latest, I strongly recommend you don’t leave to the last minute! Delivery/pick up points will be London and Midlands.
If you’re not interested in any of the above we can still carry your luggage down so you can travel light, we’re looking at charging around £1 per Kg of luggage.

I’m glad to say we’ve now transported several highly prized bikes few times to Italy and never got as much as a scratch and we’ll be taking care of them like if they were ours.
Prices are yet to be defined but we’re looking at around £900 all inclusive for Package 1, £750 for Package 2 (possibly less depending on how many people want to join in). This might sound expensive but I remember GT putting up a (very IMHO) conservative estimate of £1300 last time for his trip in 2010, and after that your tires will be buggered, bike will need a service, you’ll need a chiropractor, extra days holiday etc… well you get the picture AND you get a track day/local guide knowledge in.
Prices are all inclusive of meal & drinks, only exception is the Thursday evening where meal is included but you’ll have to pay for your drinks after the first few (usually enough thought..) bottles of vino (I know some of you guys too well to fall into that trap ).
A non-refundable deposit will be required by January 30th.
So enough on the hard sale, put your name down and we can have an idea of people preferences etc. and take it from there
Max

Last edited by pompone; 08-12-2013 at 04:24 PM..
pompone is offline   Reply With Quote