UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » 1994 M600 referb (Image heavy)

Old 19-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #16
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Wow great job, well done.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #17
Taff666

Nice job Dude.

Looks better than new!
Old 19-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #18
Mark64
Bronze Member

Bike: S4r
Wowzer, fabulous attention to detail, really impressed, looks like a quick turn around too, nice one
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #19
kevrobot

Thanks guys!
Aye Mark is nippy in comparison to my XVS650 bobber. Ha ha ha. Hoping it'll be finished next week, I just need to install the new speedo (got one of those Koso jobbers with the taco etc on) then whack the cowl and mudguards on. Can't wait to take her out on the maiden voyage.....possibly with some Iron Maiden on.
Old 19-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #20
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Nice job Kev. I always liked the old bevel engine Black and Gold 900SS, pure class.

I don't mean to be a naysayer but someone on here mentioned some time ago that they had had an MOT fail because of the pillion seat and lack of rear pegs, I've not had the issue myself despite having both 750SS and 748Bip with no pillion pegs, although the SS did have a rear cowl.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #21
SteveG

Ace job.... Classy!!!
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #22
Nasher

Bike: M900
The bike looks the nuts, well done.

However:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I don't mean to be a naysayer but someone on here mentioned some time ago that they had had an MOT fail because of the pillion seat and lack of rear pegs, I've not had the issue myself despite having both 750SS and 748Bip with no pillion pegs, although the SS did have a rear cowl.
I've had this myself with an old Z1000.
Duel seat but no rear pegs meant it filed it's MOT.

Nasher.
Old 19-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #23
Jessie

Fantastic look, but the Ducati logo on the tank at that angle would give me sleepless nights when the rest looks so perfect. I do suffer from O.C.D though.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #24
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Good point, you'll have to stick a temporary cowl on for the MOT

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #25
kevrobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Nice job Kev. I always liked the old bevel engine Black and Gold 900SS, pure class.

I have a cowl which will be going on, I'm just waiting for it to come back from the painters.

Know what you mean about the angle Jessie, but I don't fancy forking out for another spray job any time soon. Ha ha ha.

Kev
Old 19-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #26
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrobot View Post
Cheers chaps!
Flip, I agree with the decal but the painter put the decal on and I thought it would have been put in the same place as the original.
I can understand why if he isn't familiar with Monsters as the base of most bikes tanks are horizontal but obviously the Monster's are not- but it is just me being fussy not a criticism of your work by any stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrobot View Post
Good shout on the second disc and caliper. That'll definitely be a future addition
The 600 doesn't really need extra brakes (even early 750's were single discs) but I think they look better with a twin disc set up. There's always plenty on ebay and you can just run another single braided line down from the master cylinder so an easy add on.
Old 20-01-2016, 05:40 AM   #27
Greyman

Excellent ! You put me to shame...
Old 20-01-2016, 08:17 AM   #28
kevrobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
I can understand why if he isn't familiar with Monsters as the base of most bikes tanks are horizontal but obviously the Monster's are not- but it is just me being fussy not a criticism of your work by any stretch.

The 600 doesn't really need extra brakes (even early 750's were single discs) but I think they look better with a twin disc set up. There's always plenty on ebay and you can just run another single braided line down from the master cylinder so an easy add on.
I know it wasn't a criticism Flip, I totally get where you're coming from with it. Perhaps I should have communicated better with him.
The braking power is certainly good enough but the monsters do look lush with dual front brakes. I've been scanning ebay and only found a complete 900 set up so far. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #29
Nottsbiker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post

Yes I'm paranoid about sending mine to paint without being able to give them the rolling chassis to get it lined up before its painted.

Bike looks great btw
Old 20-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #30
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

There's always loads on ebay, usually pairs. You have early forks so you need 45mm spaced calipers not the later 65mm type, but I think the disks are mostly the same if they have 6 bolt holes and not 5.

Cheap disks:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-916...MAAOSwqYBWm36a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-916...MAAOSwqYBWm36a

Calipers:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-RS...wAAOSwL7VWnQ66

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Of-Br...IAAOSwoydWnT-S

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote