UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » manc owner

Old 18-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
Sutty1100

manc owner

hello people, i am the owner of a 2012 1100evo abs,nice bike but when i got the bike off the previous owner i didnt notice the head light bulb (dip) wasnt working till i got home 125 mls away.i have checked the fuses ok bulb ok,when i start the engine the dip doesnt work or main off the switch the side light works,but when i put the light switch to main and press the flash both dip and main work.hope you guys can give me insperation to sort this issue and advice.crazy 1st post i know cheers.
Old 19-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Welcome to the forum Sutty1100. I can't offer any specific help on the 1100 but it seems like it's a simple wiring problem to me, or possibly a relay.
Old 19-08-2021, 10:46 AM   #3
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
Never had such a problem on my evo.

The lights should come on automatically (DRL) and switch for main beam.

There is an intelligent function where by dipped headlight goes off after a set period if the bike isn’t started to save the batt…does sound like a bad relay. Have you measured voltage at the bulb plug? And also measured whilst wiggling the bars to check if loom is damaged.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 06:28 AM   #4
Rrawlings

Bike: M1100evo
When I first got my evo the beam switch didn’t work I simply took it apart and cleaned the contacts with cleaner and some 2000 wet and dry, put back together and all good still 3 years later. May be worth a shout. Care to share a picture of your bike with us?
Rrawlings is offline   Reply With Quote