UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » MOT question

Old 24-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
MOT question

So purchased a m750 in Germany still on UK plate. All paperwork there so V5, proof of ownership in form of purchase receipt, some service. All in all seems good bike.

Will be moving it to Poland to my parents mid January. Not certain yet if I will keep it to use it there or sell. If I were to keep it then on UK plate only as there are great benefits to that. Extra 20 for insurance rather then new in PL for 350. No road tax to worry about but most off all fixed penalties from cameras are like 99% of the time not enforced by locals sweet.

Issue is MOT I would need to do it but not worth it if I would need to get bike back and forth every year, any suggestions for solution? You know what I mean

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
My "friend" who use to do postal MOT's is sadly spending Christmas looking through bars this year! There are some still about, so I'll make enquiries and come back if I can help out.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Pomp1

Really? Suggestions on an open forum on how to break the law? And on Christmas eve? Tut tut..
Old 25-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Why can't you get a local Polish MOT?

My Landie is on UK plates, resident in France and I get a local French MOT every year in order to satisfy the legal requirements. She's SORN'd in the UK and insured in France and no-one's complained as yet (only been 12 years mind, lol)

As long as you have a CEC (Certificate of European Conformity) then "foreign" MOT's on UK registered vehicles should not be a problem.