UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Hi folks 1100's Risers ??

Old 28-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
vince53

Bike: M1100s
Hi folks 1100's Risers ??

Hi folks , Risers or not or something else ? I've been riding my Bonny for a few days then went out on the monster , I know there chalk and cheese but it did make me think would it make any difference if I put evo risers on my 1100s or has any one done anything different to make feel a bit less over the handle bars ? or am I just getting OLD lol Ludd have you tried anything different to make a bit more comfy ? ok thanks guys I await your wisdom * )
vince53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Have a look at this from an earlier thread: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=54231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
You've got a few options.

If you want to keep the stock appearance, you can simply bolt on the riser from the 1100 Evo, which is 20mm higher and a straight swop. As I understand it, you don't need to change any of the stock cables/hoses with this mod. This is what the difference looks like:

The part no. is 360.1.127.1.A. (Don't know the price though.)

I know one of the members on here, "Claude", did the opposite swop on his Evo to lower the bars. (That's his picture above.) You could PM him to see if he'd sell you his old Evo riser.

If you want something more blingy, CNC Racing do nice individual risers in various heights...

https://www.designcorse.com/collecti...ant=4231975937

as do Rizoma...

http://www.rizoma.com/street/ducati/en

both of which are available in the UK.

The agony of choice!
I changed my stock risers for CNC Racing individual ones, more for looks than comfort, but they are slightly higher, (about 7mm), than the stock Evo version. Have a look here for more details:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...2&postcount=76

Don't forget that you can loosen your clamps and rotate the bars back and up slightly - not by much but you may feel an improvement.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Luddite

By the way, if you want to try the Evo risers before making a decision, you could borrow mine for a road test. I'm not actually selling them, but at least you'd know if they suited you before committing to a purchase.
Old 28-05-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
vince53

Manny thanks Ludd ,I remember you saying about this when I first got the 1100s , I guess I thought 7mm wouldn't make a lot of difference but maybe it will , do you remember feeling much of a difference with riding comfort ? thank you very much for the offer to loan the risers , I wont though just in case lost in post or accidently mark them , but thx again …. Be good to know if there's any marked difference in comfort and feel if anyone has done anything from stock ??
Old 28-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #5
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince53 View Post
I guess I thought 7mm wouldn't make a lot of difference but maybe it will
The 7mm is the difference between the CNC risers and the stock Evo ones.

The difference between Evo risers and your 1100 is actually 20mm. I've ridden an 1100 and I could definitely feel the difference.

If you change your mind about trying mine, let me know.
Old 28-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #6
Ron1000

I went the opposite direction and got racetec risers that were actually lower. Much prefer it.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #7
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1000 View Post
I went the opposite direction and got racetec risers that were actually lower. Much prefer it.
Ah yes, but then your riding is quite, shall we say, "focussed", isn't it, Ron?

I remember this picture from your trackday!

Old 28-05-2020, 07:55 PM   #8
Ron1000

Focused on track I suppose…dial it back a bit on the road.

I cleaned those pipes and managed to take the edge off of those scratches…don’t even notice it now.

I also took…someone’s advice, can’t mind who now…and put another turn into the rear pre-load…much better. Might go another turn to see how I get on.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 08:45 PM   #9
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Mmm, I went the other way and put 696 risers ( a drop of 15mm I think ) to put more weight over the front and raised the rear by 10mm with a Wilburs shock that way i don't scrape my bit’s on the track aka Ron ��
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 10:50 PM   #10
vince53

Arr ok Ludd ,so definitely worth trying the EVO one's then , do I need any different bolts or is it just a swap out clamps with the same bolts ? and just to double check the EVO one's are guna bring it up by 20mm ? many many thanks again Ludd and others for the feedback …. ideas on buying the EVO one's ? …… * )
Old 28-05-2020, 11:13 PM   #11
Luddite

The bolts have the same part numbers so it should be a straight swap. The difference between the 1100 and the Evo is 20mm - you can see the effect in the photo.

Are you sure you don't want to try mine? I'm happy to take the risk of the Royal Mail.
Old 28-05-2020, 11:23 PM   #12
Luddite

PS if you wanted to switch to the CNC Racing clamps, the 48mm version would give you a lift of about 16mm. The 59mm ones like mine would give a 27mm rise, which might be just too much for your stock throttle cable, which has a different part no. from the Evo, so is probably shorter.
Old 29-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #13
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
When I got my evo I put 1100 risers on it to lower the bars. I found the higher bars of the evo less comfortable. However everyone is different.

What I would say is that by making you sit slightly more upright more of your weight will be on your backside. On the stock seat I found that to be very uncomfortable very quickly. The Ducati comfort seat improved things.

I still have the evo riser (360.3.127.1A) that I took off my bike many years ago. Let me know if you need it. It’s sitting on my parts shelf doing nothing.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 01:31 PM   #14
Tim88

[/url][/url][/url][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

These are my bars raised about as high as possible with the standard evo cables.

Not too pretty but very solid. I prefer the higher bars, particularly with a tank bag and so on.

Tim
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #15
Luddite

Quite a few mods there, Tim! And all on standard cables you say? Did you have any clearance problems between the switch clusters and the tank?

Your gear position indicator is very neatly mounted too but what's that green led on the right?