UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Red M900 at Suther's Garage Longton

Old 15-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #1
iainw

Bike: S4r
Red M900 at Suther's Garage Longton

I forgot to introduce myself whilst admiring the very nice M900 parked up at the garage.

Iain.
iainw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 08:15 PM   #2
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Hello Iain

Young Harry Suther went to school with my son and works for one of my suppliers, is the 900 for sale?
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #3
iainw

It's not mine, I met a chap there who owned it, he said he visits this site.
Old 16-05-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
the lodger

Bike: M900
Indeed he does , and a very good site it is too !

Thank you for the kind words. The bike certainly has character even if it is a little loud. I might have to think about getting db killers but I do have a sympathetic MOT tester .

We met at an Esso garage which I make a special journey to because its poshest petrol doesn't contain ethanol. I do hope this is true.

Cheers

Nigel
Old 16-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lodger View Post
We met at an Esso garage which I make a special journey to because its poshest petrol doesn't contain ethanol. I do hope this is true.
Dont worry, Nigel, it is! Easy to check if you have any doubts.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=54542
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
iainw

It was a pleasure to meet you Nigel.
Old 19-05-2020, 07:39 PM   #7
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lodger View Post
Indeed he does , and a very good site it is too !

Thank you for the kind words. The bike certainly has character even if it is a little loud. I might have to think about getting db killers but I do have a sympathetic MOT tester .

Cheers

Nigel

ESSO Super 97/98 octane is no longer ethanol free its 5% ethanol now like all the others .for last 6 months ,, not EU regs but new UK regulation ,, all pumps shpuld have 5% E5 sticker
Old 19-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #8
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Stop scaremongering, Jerry!

I have just tested 100cc of Esso Synergy Supreme+ from a Jerry() can I filled last Wednesday, (at an E5 labelled pump), and there was absolutely no ethanol whatsoever in that sample.

Don't just take my word for it, try it yourself if you don't believe me. It only takes 30 minutes and you don't need any special equipment - just a jam jar and marker pen will do. Full details here:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=54542

I've covered this labelling issue before so please read this reply I posted the last time you claimed this.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...7&postcount=50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I've attached this reply from http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...496#post567496 to add the latest information to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Apparently from Begining of July all ESSO garages have had the pure benzine 97 removed and replaced with E5 Gasohol 97 ,, its been caused by UK government requirment that all fuels must have 5% ethanol minimum according to ESSO customer service ,,,
my Mates in sussex tell me this is the case and all ESSO 97 pumps now have E5 labels

very sad new indeed ,, for those of use with carbed bikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post

Always treat with caution any news that starts with the word 'apparently'!

So, apparently(!), the appearance of 'E5' labels on forecourt pumps has nothing to do with any changes to Esso's Synergy Supreme+, it is merely the application of new fuel labelling guidelines previously announced by the government back in February.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g...-greener-fuels

Under the new rules, two new labels must be shown on all pumps by September - 'E5' and 'B7'; 'E5' means petrol with an ethanol content not exceeding 5% (so including ethanol-free), and 'B7' is for diesel with no more than 7% FAME (Fatty acid methyl ester).

If and when 10% ethanol fuel is introduced, then a new label 'E10' will be introduced for 5%-10% ethanol content.

There is still no legislation requiring a minimum ethanol content in fuel; legislation only governs maximum ethanol content.

An email to Esso yesterday prompted the now familiar response i.e.

"Esso Synergy Supreme+ is ethanol free (except in Devon, Cornwall, the Teesside area and Scotland) and we have no current intention to add ethanol to Synergy Supreme+ in other areas of the UK."

So...as you were!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: