UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » M620Sie Newbie Front End Advice

Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
slippery

M620Sie Newbie Front End Advice

Hi, very much a newbie on here, so good to see an active site with so much info. I'm not a serial poster and can usually find any of my questions already answered and always surpassed as far as advice goes. I am a keen reader and looking forward to soaking up the info.

Running a CBR400 as my winter hack which I recommend to anyone and just purchased a 02 620Sie. By all accounts she has been loved for the first 20K with FSH, sold, then banged up. It is now my winter project and needs a new front end. Surprisingly all the plastics and carbon seem to have survived but needs forks and yokes and more than likey front wheel and discs will need replacing.

Would really appreciate any advice on forks and yokes specifically compatibility of other ducati front ends and what I should expect to pay.

Will also be looking for brake lever, footpeg and at some stage a LHS WRP can.

So I guess that I am one of the few on this site that owns but never ridden the monster, something to look forward to I hope!!!

Cheers
Old 05-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
DavidEJM

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you've got a plan. I'm sure someone will be along in a mo to point you in the right direction.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Please please get the frame checked if its had a front ender & the yokes have had it, as the monster frames do crack by the headstock - 2 have gone that way in DD racing this year

Good luck in getting the parts, there are quite a few on ebay to do straight forwards replacements, and you can go for fully adjustables from other monsters to upgrade for not much more money

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
slippery

Yep, frame is checked and fine. Got a plan and some cash, nothing fancy just get her back on the road then if I like her she'll get more attention, then she stays until something more enticing come my way.