UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My Return to UK M.O.C.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #31
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
That looks awesome, mine is the satin version, I'd have liked to have seen the front mudguard on it.
I wonder if it's still available.
I see the brochure is labelled as 'Ducati Performance', but the front mudguard and belly pan also look very similar to the RoadRacing products: also out of production, but NOS keeps appearing in Germany and the US of A.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #32
BeePee

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Clearing out a paperwork drawer the other day I came across some old bike brochures and catalogues including my very first (very well-thumbed!) Monster Ducati Performance catalogue that Steve Hillary gave me way back in 2001.

Anyway, in amongst all the usual Termis and billet stuff by DPM (remember them?), were a couple of pages of 'pressed aluminium accessories' and it looks like BeePee's bike has the nose fairing.

That's the first time I've ever seen some of this aluminium stuff on a UK bike - more popular in Europe but quite scarce over here, I think.
I've just noticed, the rear tail tidy is the same one too except it looks like he's had the carbon installed instead of the aluminiumumum
Old 04-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #33
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
I've just noticed, the rear tail tidy is the same one too except it looks like he's had the carbon installed instead of the aluminiumumum
This is your tail guard:

I had one briefly on my S2R 1000 but the fit left quite a lot to be desired so I swapped it for the carbon version of the standard guard.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #34
Dave G
Imagineer

And if you remove the tailpiece you'll find the securing bolts are retained in a cone of resin, you can then rasp that resin down a bit from the bolt shaft and the whole piece will be able to sit lower and flush with the frame as the original design was intended to sit. I did exactly this on mine years back and while few people will notice I think it looks so much better, more 'factory intended' and less like a bolt on extra.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:52 PM   #35
BeePee

I thought it was sitting flush just now, I'm a bit OCD with things and never noticed it NOT sitting correctly.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #36
BeePee

A wee update to the registration.
DVLA have confirmed that the bike has never been notified to them and that it will now be required to apply for FIRST registration.
All of the documentation are at DG and being completed by Kerry, any certificates of compliance will come from Ducati UK and it "should" be registered as a 68 plate for first registration.
How cool is that ??
I bet that gets a few questions in the right crowd ! "eh how come you've got an S2r as a brand new bike" ?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #37
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Might have more problems with the insurance companies, date of manufacture and registration being so different. Those bastards will use any excuse to load it up.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #38
Dave G
Imagineer

This is the way my tailpiece sits directly in contact with the frame.

Any gap is usually only due to too much bonding resin over the base of the bolts so taking that down is an easy if tiresome little job that looks way better when completed.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:20 PM   #39
BeePee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgt View Post
Might have more problems with the insurance companies, date of manufacture and registration being so different. Those bastards will use any excuse to load it up.
Why ?
All it asks is the reg and the model when doing it online ??
After all it is brand new.
For all they know it could've been in a private collection or still in the crate.
My 900 Supersport was bought in UAE in 1998 unregistered and brought over here with all the documentation stating 1991
It has a 1991 registration here
Maybe the Monster will end up 55 reg, either way it is still a new bike with only 14 miles
Old 11-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #40
BeePee

A bit of an update......

After dealing with the incompetence of DVLA last year and their can't do attitude I gave up trying to register the Monster.

Fast forward to June 2019 and I still don't have any bike on the road this year yet, not even interested for some reason.

The last DVLA contact was to get a letter from DUK to confirm the age of the bike and HMRC for a NOVA certificate HMRC told me there was already a NOVA issued for that VIN and DVLA have it, DVLA said they don't !

Anyway, ready for a fight with DVLA again and armed with all the info needed now I sent everything away again.

Within 2 weeks I received a V5, finally ! No questions no delays just first registration.

Year related plate (54) and first registration as 1st July 2019....result.

Having spoken with insurance prior to this they informed that a year related plate would be better to identify the correct model.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #41
BeePee

First ride out this year and taking it easy, checking things over and getting the feel of the bike.

30 miles and just did not like it one bit !
Stopped at Ducati Glasgow and was looking at a Diavel, at the other end of the showroom is Triumph, I sat on the Bobber and the Speedmaster.

Ok back on the road and a ride along the motorway and then round the coast road to Largs which is a very scenic road, you're riding right on the coastline and it's a nice twisty section which is perfect for twins.

I think I like this bike, really easy to ride, quick enough but still running it in.

By the time we got home we had clocked up around 120 miles, I love it ! A few adjustments with the bars and levers, and a few upgrades required and it will do just nicely.
Just what I was looking for, feet flat at traffic lights and not on my tip toes like on my KTM, classic look, no modern electrickery as such and a nice riding position.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #42
BeePee

Parts wanted

Looking for

De-cat pipes so it sounds better

LED front light so I get seen and gets rid of the mood lighting

Touring / comfort seat ? I had one on my 1100s and it was great.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #43
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Glad you're finally on the road - your pictures are making me nostalgic for my old S2R.

Quote:
LED front light so I get seen and gets rid of the mood lighting.
Mr Gazza makes an excellent adapter ring, which allows you to fit all manner of different headlamp units into the standard shell. Have a look here for more info.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=57435

Quote:
Touring / comfort seat ? I had one on my 1100s and it was great.
I can definitely recommend the comfort saddle. I used one when I took the bike down to Naples and had no aches at all despite a couple of days of 400+ miles. To help you search, the part no. of mine was 969577AAA (subsequently replaced by 96787702B). (Good luck with your search!

By the way, I'm relieved to see you decided to replace those 15 year old tyres!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #44
BeePee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post

By the way, I'm relieved to see you decided to replace those 15 year old tyres!
i had no choice ......... the cracks on the sidewall kept letting the air escape
Old 24-11-2021, 11:29 PM   #45
BeePee

Ok, here goes, I know I'll regret this but I'm selling Daisy !!

She's done just over 1000 miles, just been serviced including new belts and relays (fuel pump relay failed)

I'm just not getting to use her, I've had my enjoyment and the challenge of getting her registered and road legal, time for someone else to enjoy her.

Is asking £6000 too much ?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: