UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Slow Monster rebuild

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #11
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well I'm glad they didn't let me down after you followed my recommendation... Looks like another smashing job by Aerocoat.
Are you generalizing when you say Gt Yarmouth? I thought they had moved back to St Olaves after a stint in a unit in Beccles.

The mirror chrome finish is really good and keeps looking good for a long time. If I had a complaint about it, it would be that it does go on very thick and you need to do some filing and drilling in places to get some things to fit nicely again.
Did you have them mask up your frame/VIN number?

As for colours, of course Red will always work, but not on all of the bodywork.
As you are having so much carbon fibre, I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to play with some translucent effects and peek-a-boo bits of carbon.
To get a translucent and slightly polychromatic effect, you can mix up to 10% basecoat into your lacquer and build the desired opacity/translucence with multiple thin coats.

Translucent Gold stripe on my Monster... This needs to be done over clear lacquer. and then lacquered again.

Pinstripes, decals and chequers in peek-a-boo carbon on Capo's tank.