UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Ducati S4RS for Sale, 675 miles, Red with White Stripe

Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
ton_up

Ducati S4RS for Sale, 675 miles, Red with White Stripe

Selling my bike due to change of circumstances.

She's done 675 miles from new, has a new rear tyre due to puncture after 500 miles.
Full termi system, original cans included. Red open clutch cover - original included. Tank protector fitted on purchase, all work done by Italia Classics in Lincoln.

Hasn't been out in the wet, or in salty conditions. Has been kept on trickle charge in garage.

Email trivenamccarlie@yahoo.co.uk with questions, to make an offer or for pictures.

No silly offers please.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
ton_up

Sorry, not thinking straight, lol - price is £9000 ono.

Northamptonshire.

BTW it does say nearest offer. A lot of the internet pricing sites are giving a lower value for this bike, they're not taking mileage into account, or the £ 1500 termi system that's fitted either. I am open to offers though, I don't bite!

Cheers
Ton

Last edited by ton_up; 10-06-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Old 24-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
MTS1000

9K - I nearly fell off the sofa laughing.................
Old 24-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
nambduke
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
Went for.....

......£7k on EBay......
Old 26-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
ton_up

You don't have to be tw@s about it. When u have to sell all u have left cuz u need the money u don't have any choice but to try for the highest u can get. If I was trying to rip someone off I could understand ur attitudesbut as it is I don't give a fiddlers fart for ur opinions. Go **** on someone elses doorstep. Cheers 'fellow bikers'
Old 26-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by ton_up View Post
You don't have to be tw@s about it. When u have to sell all u have left cuz u need the money u don't have any choice but to try for the highest u can get. If I was trying to rip someone off I could understand ur attitudesbut as it is I don't give a fiddlers fart for ur opinions. Go **** on someone elses doorstep. Cheers 'fellow bikers'
Crikey - that was a bit unnecessary!
Old 27-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
S4Rs-Tone

Quote:
The price has got to start somewhere , i bet when nambduke and mts 1000 come to sell there pride and joy they wont start at there lowest probable price, so back off people if your interested pipe up otherwise if your pockets arent deep enough back off.
Old 27-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Steve6404

There are some right cocks on here sometimes, namely nambduke and mts 1000 ! can't wait for their bag of nails to come up for sale
Old 27-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
littlejimmy12

agreed with above, so uncalled for to mock someone like that. Good luck with sale and I know how you feel I had to sell my 20 year old record collection + turntables last month and it killed me, I also got snide remarkds about my asking price. Make sure you get a price that will soften the blow of losing the bike.
Old 27-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
nambduke
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
Question Actually guys if you are interested.....

......I PM'd the seller so not to undermine the price on the actual thread? All I got then was abuse.....????? I could have simply stated the prices on the thread from the sources I PM'd the seller, but didn't! The seller was trying to sell her bike so I respected the thread and didn't offer any advice at all. Another user LOL at the price quoted, not me! I simply added the bike had been sold on eBay for £7k - fact. Not withstanding the seller was asking £9k on this members site, it was actually on eBay originally for £8.5k, so who was ripping who off? Not me!

I know some of the comments have been directed at me, but given I don't know those members I can't and won't comment on them. Those who do know me know I'm here to help and not to offer crase or demeaning comments! Apologies if I was out of line, but I really don't think I was in this instance.....

Regards,
Mark
Old 29-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #11
sadbiker

Can see all sides, but "ton up" your last input was not needed.

The problem with selling a nearly new bike is you have lost money as soon as you walk through the door. And to be honest a savvy person may have worked 9K as a deal with all the bits for a new one.

As you found out the most expensive dukes can be harder to sell and tend to drop the most.

Namduke I can see where your coming from and I think a couple of peeps who stuck their ore in without knowing the full facts should feels a little foolish..........
Old 29-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
rossdean

Quote:
You are right to hold for a reasonable offer. These bikes will hold their value. I have just bought a 08 S4RS Tricolore for £7800 with 5,800 miles on the clock ... I was somewhat aware of its history since I was the previous owner and regretted my decision to sell but what the hell - these bikes capture your soul! Keep close to your price - the bike is worth it!
Old 30-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #13
sadbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossdean View Post
You are right to hold for a reasonable offer. These bikes will hold their value. I have just bought a 08 S4RS Tricolore for £7800 with 5,800 miles on the clock ... I was somewhat aware of its history since I was the previous owner and regretted my decision to sell but what the hell - these bikes capture your soul! Keep close to your price - the bike is worth it!
I think what has been highlighted is that it was on E-bay for £500 less then was put on here. Now I wouldn't expect to see it discounted to members for being on here but to advertise for less on one place and thne ask for more on a members site

How would you have felt if I had said £80 for the paddock stand and then saw I advertised it cheaper elsewhere.....

I have seen a few RS's for sale and most on private sales have dropped a far bit. Its the unfortunate thing about dukes. Shame as they are cracking bikes, even if they have that watercooling things.....
Old 30-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
giler

Blimey - thought I'd logged onto the DSC by mistake!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #15
ton_up

I wasn't ripping anyone off, I was just dropping the price on ebay as it wasn't selling. I didn't update it on here because all I'd got was sarcasm - nothing helpful at all.

I have to sell my pride and joy so yes I'm p'd off, who wouldn't be? It went on ebay to a German buyer who, it would appear, has disappeared off the face of the earth, so it looks like it will have to go back on if I don't hear from them in a couple of days.

So if anyone is still interested, yes the bike has dropped in price considerably, the ebay selling price was £7000. If anyone wants it, that's what it's going for.

Despite all this weird nonsence on this thread, that's the score, it's a bloody blinding bike in mint condition so just contact me if you're interested. Yes I'm brassed off, but I'm not some weird rip off merchant as some on here would suggest.

I've had all kinds of personal problems as some of you on here will already know, so I don't need any more grief!!!