UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » Front right indicator mount

Old 18-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
BenM900

Bike: M900
Front right indicator mount

Hi, I've managed to snap one of the indicators off the front right of my bike whilst "tidying" the garage.

If anyone has one I can buy I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Ben
BenM900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Darkness

Do you mean the indicator itself, or the rectangular plastic bracket that bolts to the fork yoke?

The indicators themselves are still available from Ducati, and not too dear, whereas the brackets aren’t?
Old 18-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Do you mean the indicator itself, or the rectangular plastic bracket that bolts to the fork yoke?

The indicators themselves are still available from Ducati, and not too dear, whereas the brackets aren’t?
Yes pretty rocking horse pooh. I think and I need to check if I sold my spare pair.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #4
BenM900

Right yeah it's the bracket rather than the indicator. I'm going to glue it back together but I'm not happy about it. If I can replace it with a better one I will but as they don't grow on trees I'm not going to hold my breath.

Thanks Darknes and Albie
Old 18-02-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I have found the pair. Both in good order. I only have spare as I bought 2 NOS from abroad a few years ago. 1 from Canada and another from Greece..
When you say right hand side do you mean sitting on the bike or looking at the bike.

Little scratch on the top of what I call the right hand side one sitting on bike. You can just see on picture. No cracks though

Last edited by Albie; 18-02-2020 at 05:34 PM..
Old 18-02-2020, 07:15 PM   #6
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
A job for the 3D printer perhaps?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2020, 07:34 PM   #7
BenM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I have found the pair. Both in good order. I only have spare as I bought 2 NOS from abroad a few years ago. 1 from Canada and another from Greece..
When you say right hand side do you mean sitting on the bike or looking at the bike.

Little scratch on the top of what I call the right hand side one sitting on bike. You can just see on picture. No cracks though

Hi Albie, it is right side from sitting on the bike or left as you look at the front.

A 3D printer would make one I guess, I've never used one. From what I've seen the finish from a 3D printer wouldn't look like the original though.
Old 18-02-2020, 07:49 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
3D printing will give pretty much whatever finish you want, depending on the material that you print with and the definition of the printer or print program.

I commissioned a trip reset winder a couple of years ago, as I lost mine and found they are no longer made or stocked.

First step is to draw a 3D CAD file accurately from a bona fide original item (or pair in this case.) Next step is to find a (preferably local) printer with suitable equipment and able to produce economical one offs. Choice of material is critical in this case as the part needs to be strong but flexible.

I was lucky in that my brother is a very experienced 3D draughtsman. Slob also helped me with the printing process. In the end a local chap who had just acquired some very fancy kit, printed the part to perfection and we discovered the print regime that suited that part.

You can see, and manipulate the model with your mouse, here; post #57 http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...+winder&page=4
Old 18-02-2020, 07:54 PM   #9
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenM900 View Post
Hi Albie, it is right side from sitting on the bike or left as you look at the front.

A 3D printer would make one I guess, I've never used one. From what I've seen the finish from a 3D printer wouldn't look like the original though.
PM sent Ben
Old 19-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #10
BenM900

Thanks Albie.

Its interesting to hear about 3D Gazza, I wonder what it would cost to get them made. Looking forward Its how parts no longer in production will have to be made.

I've seen it can be done with metal parts too.

I kind of wish I had the money to buy a printer. I wonder what the copy write laws are on reproducing parts, it probably does't matter if they are no longer in production.
Old 19-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #11
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Thanks Albie.

Its interesting to hear about 3D Gazza, I wonder what it would cost to get them made. Looking forward Its how parts no longer in production will have to be made.

I've seen it can be done with metal parts too.

I kind of wish I had the money to buy a printer. I wonder what the copy write laws are on reproducing parts, it probably does't matter if they are no longer in production.
Do what the Chinese do, copy it with a very, very small difference and ignore the law.
Old 19-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #12
slob

making a handful for yourself i suspect is not a problem, offering them for sale on a commercial basis and you can expect someone to complain or take other action against you
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #13
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
I think the single knob I had printed was a tenner or something. Rob and I then circulated the 3D model of the part for free. I even sent a copy to Craig and Luke at Moto Rapido, so they could help other needy customers out, and in a roundabout way still be able to supply the knobs, although they weren't bothered about printing their own, just passing the file on.

Depending on who prints it and what regime is required I reckon you'd be looking at less than £50 to get two brackets done, if you can supply a model.

An affordable DIY printer will probably not be good enough to do any decent work, leave it to the guys who've invested in expensive kit and do a proper job.
Old 19-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #14
slob

I’ll happily have a go at cad modelling to make an .stl file if someone wants to give me accurate measurements or a part to copy.
Bear in mind printed parts will be considerably weaker (in at least one direction/plane) than cast/moulded originals. Although fine for things like indicator spacers that tend to be used in compression, with a bolt running through them.
They may also need finishing or polishing depending on desired finish and printer ‘resolution’.
Check out www.3dhubs.com for printing services where people from the-bloke-down-the-road to Airbus (at a price!) will process stuff for you when they’re not using it for their own prototyping.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #15
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Did Albie sort you out with these, Ben?

If not, I was just browsing the Desmoworld website for no particular reason and came across these NOS OE indicator mounts (69921951A) for only €10 (plus postage)

https://www.desmoworld.com/original-...mber=69921951A
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote