UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati John - North West area

Old 12-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Thumbs up Ducati John - North West area

So most of my day was spent up Leeds way with Ducati John.

Albeit a bit chilly out (I've now ridden the S4Rs in gale force winds, torrential rain, and today snow) I decided to pop the bike over to him just for a general check over and order a few new bits.

Following word of mouth (Cheers STIVH), I was looking for someone who could give a little more of a personal service, and wouldn't mind sharing some knowledge of what they are doing to the bike. I've no goals of trying to do a complete service myself, but I want to understand my bike!

John was great, fitted me in today with short notice, had no problem with showing and explaining things, and came across as VERY experienced. A slight tweak to the fuel settings, sometime spent playing with the suspension settings has left the bike feeling a lot more comfortable and me more confident (Amazing what a bit of tweaking can do).

Even with my now sore, but at least warmed up, fingers it was well worth the trip.

Going back in a few weeks for a new oberon clutch slave and maybe some more tweaking once I've been out a bit more, and will most certainly be taking it there for any services! Can't recommend him enough, if you want to feel your bike is being looked after by someone who treats it as their own John's the guy!
Old 15-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Rabbit

I'll second that. It's well worth the extra travelling for those on the Manchester side of the pennines. Top quality service at a very reasonable price!
Old 16-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
PDL

I have used John since he opened up and he comes highly recommended.
Old 14-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
morty

The legend that is Ducati John did a ground up rebuild on my bike two years back & I cant say enough good things about him - If you live within 100 miles of Rothwell in Leeds he is definitely worth a visit !!
Old 16-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
Tench1970

Hi guys need a belt change and suspension setup in the leeds area, where does john work I thought the nearest ducati dealership was in shipley?
Old 16-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Unit M
Pelican Works
Wakefield Road
Rothwell
LS26 0R

He's on the East side of Leeds. Top bloke!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote