UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Kentish addition

Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Shuffy

Smile Kentish addition

After collecting my S2R 1000 last week and spending a weekend 'bonding', I thought it was time I said 'hi' to everyone. Some of you may know me from the Oakdene Cafe, I'm Gary T's Speed Triple (now Monster) riding friend. And speaking of which, can I say a huge thank you to Gary for taking a day off at short notice and driving me up to Peterborough to collect her, for the tons of useful advice and taking the car not the trike! Above and beyond the call duty stuff mate, I suspect the teas are on me next time! A long Summer (you'll be lucky) of great rides and new friends awaits.

Chris
Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
giler

Welcome to the asylum!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Be good to meet up. Were up at docklands on sat morning then brands if you fancy
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
Shuffy

Hi Albie

Would be good to catch up, but I have family over from Ireland this weekend and I'm not sure how much of my presence is 'required'. If I can I'll try and make it, I just need to come up with a good 'excuse'.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
No problem. I dont know whether GTs coming or any Kents TBH
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #6
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
hi chris, good to see you are back on a monster, did like speed tripple though !, we have met a couple of times, went with you and gary on couple of rideouts, hope you enjoy s2r and look forward to meeting and rideouts soon.
cheers alan.
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #7
Shuffy

Hi Alan

Thanks for the welcome (and Giler, sorry should have replied earlier!), amazingly enough for me, I do remember you! Glad you liked my Speed Triple, now possibly surplus to requirements (if you're interested!). The S2R is fab, but it's been a while since I had my last Duc, I forgot at times the motor can feel like a concrete block in a tumble drier (the Triumph's spoilt me), but it's utterly hilarious and well worth hocking my left kidney for. My only problem is wanting to ride it all the time (wife's beginning to wonder where I am). Defintely looking forward to catching up with everyone down at the Oakdene, although I may be absent for the next meet, as I'm hoping to do a weekend's riding in Devon with a Multistrada owning mate of mine, so appologies in advance if I don't make it. Anyway hope to see you all soon.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #8
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Hoo...Bloody...Ray!

Chris and his new steed - sorted!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
Shuffy

Steady on Gary, we don't want frighten anyone at this late hour.