UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » '95 M900, testing the fuel sensor...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
Macflurry

Bike: M900
'95 M900, testing the fuel sensor...

In my head this is a stupid question, as this seems like it should be obvious but I've tested three of them and I dont get the fuel light on.

I noticed while working on my bike that there was no fuel light when the tank was almost empty. If I unplug the connector and short the terminals then the warning light comes straight on so the circuit is good.

I have a spare tank with a sensor, so in my head if I plug in the spare sensor, without it being in the tank, then there is no fuel and the light should activate, but it didn't.

So I grabbed a used, tested working, sensor off of eBay and plugged it in but nothing.

From testing the wires, it should be plenty of fuel breaks the circuit, low fuel makes it and so no fuel should be well and truly made. I even tried blowing in the little holes as the top in case something was stuck.

Am I on the right track and have another broken sensor (3 of them) or is it that I don''t really get how they work and one of the gurus on here can explain a better way to test them?
Macflurry is offline   Reply With Quote