UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » For Sale - 2 Monsters - 695 & 696

Old 28-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #16
Duke_Hatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootaboy View Post
go for a vespa gts 250 or even better a 300 - great bikes
Yes they are but we won't be able to afford one of those..... £1000 max I reckon.
My last Gilera Runner 180VXR cost me £750 and I sold it for £700 2 years and 14k miles later.....
That will be fine for nipping to the shops, work, or the odd day out 2-up.
Old 29-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
Madamejones

noticed they are both on MCN...any interest yet?
Old 29-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #18
Duke_Hatty

Yep.
Bloke coming to look at the 695 tonight. By his name he sounds Italian, too.

I gave it a clean and shine last night (Although it wasn't dirty, just a few flies really) and by heck it come up well with some polish. Looks like new!
Apart from discoluration on the exhausts, the ONLY marks I could find were 2 tiny patches of heel rub on the footrest hangers. Even the rear sprocket is still shiny....
I'm blowing my own trumpet here, but I seriously doubt there's a better 695 for sale anywhere right now. I put 'excellent condition' in the MCN advert. I should have put 'mint condition'........

We really don't wanna sell these bikes.

But we're not giving them away either.
Old 31-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
Madamejones

I really don't want you to sell the 695 either but I hope they both go to good homes (blimey sounds like I'm on about kittens or puppies!) if only it was the end of September and I would've had the money to buy. Hey ho
Old 31-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #20
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Hatty View Post
Yes they are but we won't be able to afford one of those..... £1000 max I reckon.
My local dealer said they'll give me £1k for my seven-year-old GT125 in part exchange for a GTS250, so that kind of money won't buy you a GT200 without some serious crash damage. I still need to find £2.5k to upgrade, though.
Old 31-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
canjapseye

Well?

Well? did the Italian bloke come up with the goods?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #22
Duke_Hatty

Nahh, the "Italian sounding" bloke just never bothered to turn up. That really annoys me, behaving like that is just rude IMO.
I had another call as a result of the MCN advert, but the bloke sounded like he just wanted to talk, not really buy.
I've also stuck them both on Ducatiasti forum and on a mountainbike forum I use called SingleTrackWorld (Yes, really, you'd be amazed how many MTBers ride motorbikes as well) which has a LOT of users and a big classifides section. A bloke emailed me on Friday from STW, came round on Sunday and bought the 695 for the asking price (£3095) including the panniers. He's picking it up later this week.
I knew we'd only need one person to look at it and it would be gone.

696 still for sale.........

Last edited by Duke_Hatty; 03-08-2009 at 08:31 AM..
Old 12-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #23
Duke_Hatty

My 696 is now on Ebay if anybody fancies a bid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=tab%3DSelling
Old 19-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #24
Duke_Hatty

If anybody is interested, my 696 sold last night for £4750 to the first person to see it.

I'm gonna miss it lots
Old 19-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #25
Banus

Duke,
What was the recall for on the M696. Sorry if its been covered above only I'm in a rush and haven't had time to read all the posts ! I bought mine in March 2009 and wanted to make sure I'm uptodate on recall stuff
Old 19-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #26
Captain Caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banus View Post
Duke,
What was the recall for on the M696. Sorry if its been covered above only I'm in a rush and haven't had time to read all the posts ! I bought mine in March 2009 and wanted to make sure I'm uptodate on recall stuff
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...+safety+recall
Old 19-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #27
Captain Caveman

Quote:
If anybody is interested, my 696 sold last night for £4750 to the first person to see it.

I'm gonna miss it lots
can only imagine how much you will miss it.

my 696+ still for sale - had some interest, but let down at the weekend by a tyre-kicker...

£4750 a good price - willing to take only a wee bit more for mine with carbon Termis....
Old 20-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #28
Duke_Hatty

Ahh! FFS don't sell it with the Termis on it!!!!!!
They adD very little to the value, £50 maybe. It's the same for all bikes - accessories are worth nothing and clean standard bikes always sell better

Take them off and put the standard cans, filter and ECU back on, then bang the Termis on here or Ebay. Then drop the bike price by £100-£200 to get a quick and easy sale. The Termis will fetch £400-500 and you make more cash. Simples!

I did this with my Speed Triple. Stripped all the bits off it and got £600 for them........
Old 20-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #29
Captain Caveman

Quote:
Ahh! FFS don't sell it with the Termis on it!!!!!!
They adD very little to the value, £50 maybe. It's the same for all bikes - accessories are worth nothing and clean standard bikes always sell better

Take them off and put the standard cans, filter and ECU back on, then bang the Termis on here or Ebay. Then drop the bike price by £100-£200 to get a quick and easy sale. The Termis will fetch £400-500 and you make more cash. Simples!

I did this with my Speed Triple. Stripped all the bits off it and got £600 for them........
thanks for the advice - am not exactly mechanically-minded, is it a big job to swap out termis and ECU for orginal parts? if you could point me to any 'how to' guides, that'd be brilliant - DG quote 3 hours labour to fit...
cheers again!
Old 20-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #30
Duke_Hatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
DG quote 3 hours labour to fit...
3 hours? Wow. Well, maybe that involves setting up the fuelling but I still can't see it taking much more than half that for a professional mechanic, TBH....

I doubt you'll find any guides as such, but if you have the standard parts, you know what you're looking for!

The cans themselves are just a few nuts and bolts.
I've never done it but I imagine the ECU is with the other electrics under the 'tank' somewhere, and you'll have to remove the 'tank' to change the filter anyway.
Getting the tank off is fiddly, but not too hard really. Just remove every bolt you can see and go slowly, remembering what goes where. The air filter is in the airbox under there somewhere, and I'd imagine the ECU will be a couple of screws and a plug to change, once you've found it. It will look like the one you have already! And the plug will only plug into one place, so you can't go wrong.

Do you have a mate that's mechanically minded?

If not try asking on here, someone will be able to guide you through it better than me.

Tags
695, 696, for sale, monster, red