UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » For Sale - 2 Monsters - 695 & 696

Old 20-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Duke_Hatty

For Sale - 2 Monsters - 695 & 696

Okily dokily, we've decided we've got to sell both bikes as we're just not using them enough, sadly, and won't be using them much for the next year or so. It's better to sell them to someone who will enjoy them than leave them in the garage unloved.

My wifes Monster 695
Just over 2 years old, Full Ducati service history and will be getting a full belt service at Snells this week. Absolutely stock standard apart from R&G crash bungs and virtually unmarked. 2 owners, never had the slightest trouble with it, garaged from new
Red, 5375 miles
£3000

My Monster 696+
Just over a year old. Just had first service at Snells, including recall notice. 1 Owner. Again, totally standard and virtually unmarked, with the standard screen and seat cover. Garaged from new
Red, 4075 miles
£4900

Both wonderful little bikes and I'll be sad to see them go....

Buyers will also be given preference with the accessories we have removed, which will otherwise be sold seperately at a later date (Official panniers and screen on 695, Official touring seat and tankbag on 696)

I can do pics for serious enquiries, but imagine a new bike and you're not far off!

Both bikes in Farnborough, Hants.
Email me please on peterpoddy@googlemail.com

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Duke_Hatty; 20-07-2009 at 05:45 PM..
Old 20-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
is it me or is that 695 a pure bargain?? i value my 06 m620ie at £3000!!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
Scootaboy

I gotta admit I value my 695 at more than that.and it's got a couple more thousaud miles than that
Old 21-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
Madamejones

ummmm....... I am looking to get a Monster 695 or 620 (first bike, learning on a GS 125 at the mo) and have been researching loads re prices. Parkers are valuing the 695 at £2805 on an 07 or £2890 on an 57 plate. I must admit that most Monsters I have seen for sale on Ebay / MCN etc are around £500+ overpriced. I accept if they have modifications done then you would expect that to be the case but nice to see a reasonably priced Monster Getting a backpay of wages from work but not until end of Sept intend to spend as much as I can on a decent one.
Old 21-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
They (bikes you see advertised) may be 'over priced' MadameJones if you compare to just Parkers - that is as it states - a 'guide'.
Its reasonably accurate, but often with the italian stuff (cars as well as bikes) it can be anything up to 15% underpriced on 2nd hand prices.
I think both these bikes advertised here are reasonably priced, worth a small knock if you dare tho.

CK
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Scootaboy

From what I've seen parkers ain't worth the paper it's written on, not just regarding ducatis. I always thought it was an official way for dealers to rip you off when buying or part exing your bike from you
Old 22-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
Duke_Hatty

Hi all, thanks for the comments.
We priced the bikes at what we thought was a fair price. I've seen several 695s at £500+ more than that, but it's telling that they are FOR SALE and not SOLD! Same with my 696. There's loads about £2-300 more than our price. I'll be honest, if I was buying a Duke, both of our bikes are exactly what I would be looking for: Enough miles on them to show thay haven't been sitting unused for months and a FSH, in very good condition. I alwyas keep my bikes well and I never have a problem selling them either!

We'll be really sad to get rid of them, my 696 is quite simply my favourite bike I've ever ridden. it makes me laugh. And whan we come to buy more bikes I think I'll be looking for another Duke too, and I've never repalced my bike with the same make before, so that says a lot I think.

If anyone is interested, we've got pics online now:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_a...7621638742995/

If you're interested, please email me on peterpoddy@googlemail.com first as I don't check the forum too often

Cheers
Peter
Old 22-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
Scootaboy

you'll have no problem getting rid of them at that price - and I wish you'd posted this last august

one thing to note is that on the main bike websites like biketrader etc, they dont necessarily take the advert down when the bike is sold - its means the user thinks its a bigger/better website than the others and the website gets more traffic/advertising etc.

I phoned a few up last august when I finally got the money together and they had all been sold 2/3/4 weeks previously.

If you got no interest here then theres also a fair few more ducati forums you might wanna try - duc is just one of them

good luck and well done for giving someone a great bike at a great price
Old 22-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
Duke_Hatty

I think I might put the price up on the MCN ads...........
To give a bit of 'flexibilty' on the price, if you catch my drift!

Last edited by Duke_Hatty; 22-07-2009 at 12:03 PM..
Old 22-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
kneedown

i wish i saw your 696 before i bought my duc
Old 22-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Catspoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madamejones View Post
ummmm....... I am looking to get a Monster 695 or 620 (first bike, learning on a GS 125 at the mo) and have been researching loads re prices. Parkers are valuing the 695 at £2805 on an 07 or £2890 on an 57 plate. I must admit that most Monsters I have seen for sale on Ebay / MCN etc are around £500+ overpriced. I accept if they have modifications done then you would expect that to be the case but nice to see a reasonably priced Monster Getting a backpay of wages from work but not until end of Sept intend to spend as much as I can on a decent one.
From my own experiences I honestly wouldn't rely much on Parker's. Street prices as mentioned before bear little relation to the book. Prices don't necessarily relate to modifications either, as these can in some circumstances drive a price down, not up. Ultimately the Monster is one of those bikes where you get a feel for whether the price is reasonable or not.

Shame you want a 620, I know a 750 that may be up for grabs very soon . But hope you find a nice example and go as glassy-eyed and dreamy as I did when I got mine!
Old 23-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
Madamejones

Hi all....thanks for the advice re: Parkers....much appreciated as a novice at this bike buying business...
Duke Hatty, you have priced these bikes at really reasonable prices (not sure that came across in my post) and I hope they both go to good homes.

Catspoon, I am open to all options, never ridden a Monster yet, so no hard and fast rules as to what i will get.....just a case of getting on and passing the test then seeing what's about. I will make sure I come on here regularly to see whats advertised
Old 23-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #13
Madamejones

bloody hell, just seen the pictures of the 695!!! I love it!!
Old 28-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #14
Duke_Hatty

Yep Kirsty's 695 is a very pretty little bike. We both think it looks better without the screen, too.
I'll be very sad to see them go, but I imagine we'll have new bikes in a year or two, and probably a little runaround in the meantime. I'm thinking a Gilera Runner VXR or Vespa GT200: I've had scooters before and they are brilliant fun.....
Old 28-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
Scootaboy

go for a vespa gts 250 or even better a 300 - great bikes

Tags
695, 696, for sale, monster, red