UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » M900 For Sale - 1994 L reg

Old 19-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
BPT

M900 For Sale - 1994 L reg

Hi Everyone,

Not been on the forum for a few years (or on planet monster) but thinking this would be a good place to start to find a decent new owner for a pretty decent M900.

I'm selling the bike on behalf of someone else. The owner of the bike was a good friend and work colleague that is no longer with us and his widow wants to find it a good home (don't worry not bike related passing).

ABOUT THE BIKE:

For Pics see here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/123550538@N06/

It's a Red M900 1994 L reg with a decent no. of miles i.e. 29772 but it's been well cared for. Although some of the braided line casings could do with replacing it has has been serviced regularly and is a fundamentally good egg (no easter pun intended).

Overfull original service history book, all original keys, lots and lots of receipts, old MOT's etc... The previous owner was a meticulous and sensible chap.

Recent history includes:
Clutch plates and bearing replaced at 29071 miles
Oil, filter, tyre, fluids etc... at 28852 mile
Oil and filter at 27K
Full Belts service at 25k
Oil, filter, etc... 23K
Forks serviced, MOT 22.5K
Full belts, fluids, battery, plugs etc... 21K

Rear tyre is v. good and front is reasonable, starting to look a bit worn on the right but got miles in it yet.

Due to the timing of his death the MOT expired 9th Dec 2013 so new one would be required. I'd be surprised if it didn't pass but no way to know for sure.

Extras include the underbelly exhaust, clip-on's, crash protectors, braided hoses all round and few other bits n pieces. I believe the original exhausts are available but will check.

At £1750, I'd feel like I got him a reasonable price but it's a difficult one (for obvious reasons) but it does need a new home too. Offers will be considered so just let me know.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Ben
Old 19-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
That's a good price for a very nice looking machine. Love the exhausts and the clip ons.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
DrD

Always sad to see a bike sold in these sort of situations
However a cracking bike for the money
Old 19-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
BPT

Thanks for the encouragement, you're making me think it's too cheap... thought about buying it for myself but two monsters is a bit greedy when the first one doesn't go out nearly enough anyways.
Old 19-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I am seriously tempted but it has some money to be spent on it to bring it back to where I would now want it ie standard. I feel its worth the money and that's a fair price being the fact no mot etc. Theres some road racing stuff on there too. Funny I would want to now oust them bits and go with originality with black wheels and yellow hoop etc.
I also would need to shift one of mine as 8 bikes would not be good.

I hope you get a good deal and you shouldn't lower the price imho unless desperate. If so let me know as I have the money and will make the space he says waringly hmm.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Dirty
Bockloks

I don't think it's too cheap but it's fairly priced to sell without hassle, as Albie says you shouldn't need to drop the price to sell it (beyond the standard few quid haggle ). Early ones seem to be popular but people want them standard so someone will either want to return it to 'factory' or keep on modifying.

In a way I'm kind of glad I'm a bit financially challenged at the moment. I'd need another garage at the rate I'd buy bikes

Old 19-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #7
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Sorry to hear about your buddy.

It's nice to see a slightly different take on an early Monster.
I like the Gold wheels and red hugger combo. The white flashes and AGIP emblem set it off nicely.

A little bit strange that the exhausts exit on the nearside? Maybe an imported system?

The only thing I would change would be to bin the clip ons for Vincent straights in standard clamps.....Nice bike.!

Good luck with the sale.
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #8
DrD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
A little bit strange that the exhausts exit on the nearside? Maybe an imported system?.
I thought all those Road Racing exhausts exited on the left
Old 19-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #9
Dirty
Bockloks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
I thought all those Road Racing exhausts exited on the left
Yes, I think they are a French make (could be Italian of course?) which would explain why they exit the wrong side. 1st time I saw a set they were on PaulR's bike and I fell in love. He very generously offered to lend them to me to get them copied but I ended up going my own route.

Old 19-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #10
Flip

Yep definitely all exit on the left and if you've ever been passed by a Monster with them fitted you'll know they are freakin loud!!

Not the best quality pipes in the world though with many people saying they had to be 'helped' to line up.

JMo had a much better set made without the ugly seams for her 620 a few years ago and there are some photos of it here when Smeagal was going through a 'Matrix' stage:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=40066
Old 19-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #11
pompone
MaleDucati

Nice bike with a few nice bits. The roadracing pipes are really nice and rare. Only fault I found with them was a tendency to touch down on the front header. Good luck with the sale

Tags
1994, exhaust system, for sale, m900, red