UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » MotoGP highlights!

Old 12-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #16
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Whilst I enjoyed the result I think Dovi will have an even more difficult job than last year as the Ducati has lost its 5 to 7 kph speed advantage over the Honda. The Suzuki also has stepped up and is nearly as fast as the Ducati but seems to steer way better and is able to pull much tighter lines.
But one swallow does not a summer make
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #17
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
A sure sign that spring is coming is the start of the MotoGP season and with only four weeks to go to the opening round in Qatar, I thought I'd check that highlights would still be available on Freeview.

They are and, as with 2019, they'll be on Quest (channel 12). Roll on 8 March!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #18
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Those of you with BT TV Sport - there are 3 x 90 min programmes of last weekend's testing at Sepang. Some interesting interviews & comment & analysis. V Interesting.

Lorenzo has been recruited by Yamaha for his development input, it was mooted that he may ride for them again on a non-factory bike!
Quatararo replaces Rossi on the factory bike in 2021 who may move to the Sepang team if he decides against retirement after this season.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:09 AM   #19
Uncle Bob

For the first time in about 15 years I'm not excited about the start of the season. I have Marc Marquez and Dorna to thank for that.

Might as well just give Marquez the title in Qatar and be done with it.
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #20
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Agreed, I was getting to the stage of fast forwarding the highlights! For me BSB is where the action and excitement is to be found.

WSB could also be interesting as well this year. Redding should be good to watch and Bautista has a massive point to prove on the new fireblade. Surely someone is going to take the fight to Ray on the ancient Kwak!
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #21
Uncle Bob

That all depends on whether Dorna and the FIM will let them play, and by that I mean if, say, the new 'blade turns out to be super quick and Bautista repeats his incredible feat of last year, winning 11 races in a row (IIRC) what's to say that the FIM won't impose another rev limit drop the same way they did with Ducati. Bloody criminals!

I do like WSBK but I rather dislike Jonathan Rea, so after the tables turned in his favour again (yawn) last year I lost interest, again. I agree with you that BSB is probably where it's at, although Redding brought a certain amount of excitement last year, not that it was lacking, and I think he'll be missed.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #22
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
EE mobile have a tie up with BT sport so that you can watch on your phone/tablet. My contract is for sim only and works out around £10.00 a month with BT for "free".
And a tip when you do that yu can then use chromecast to play it on TV

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 09:01 AM   #23
Luddite

It's back!

With MotoGP set to return this weekend, highlights will be available on Quest (Freeview 12) on Monday at 6pm.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 05:12 PM   #24
alan s4

Well spotted. Series link set up on SKY (channel 144). I don't care how boring MotoGP is this year at least it's live racing.

Busy schedule this year for WSB and BSB, some weekends have both, wife not going to be happy........1st WSB is weekend of 01 Aug and BSB 08 Aug, that's me basically sorted until winter.
Old 15-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #25
Uncle Bob

See, I kinda do care if it's boring.

I've kept BT Sport HD this year, which I only have for bike racing, despite there not being any yet. I had previously decided that this year would be the clincher in terms of whether I keep it or not, and now we have this 'not a proper season' scenario I might have to defer that decision again...

I do like BT Sport's coverage though, and for the most part I find the team informative and entertaining. I know that not everyone's a fan.
Old 20-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #26
slob

not a spoiler... yet

Watch this if you can!
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #27
Kato
Dismantled

Interesting race ..... Not sure about all the team movements

Quatararo is a good shout for Yamaha, don't understand why Rossi is still on the grid or what the point of moving to the satellite team is.... but then it could be said that I'm not really a Rossi fan
Expect MM to have some competition this season (if you can call it a season) more like the Spanish championship with 7 races in Spain he may have a small advantage

Ducati seem a bit out in the wilderness Talk of Dovi taking a year out and even Cal on the bike next year !!!!

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #28
alan s4

Was looking forward to watching the highlights, stayed off social media for the weekend to avoid spoilers, got rid of the wife and kids last night a settled down to watch........bloody Quest were showing Wheelerbloodydealers instead of the highlights. WTF!!!!!!
Old 21-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #29
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
Was looking forward to watching the highlights, stayed off social media for the weekend to avoid spoilers, got rid of the wife and kids last night a settled down to watch........bloody Quest were showing Wheelerbloodydealers instead of the highlights. WTF!!!!!!
Technical issues apparently, was looking forwards to watching it last night as well
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #30
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p View Post
Technical issues apparently, was looking forwards to watching it last night as well
And me, bloody annoying.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: