UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Lifting the front with Abba stand

Old 01-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #1
rac3r

Lifting the front with Abba stand

I want to level the bike out while it is on an Abba stand, any ideas how to do this without forking out for the front lift?
Old 01-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
The Clockie

Tricky with bikes that have their exhausts at the lowest point of the motor. You can make an inverted saddle of wood to get to the crankcase surface beside the pipe and use a trolley jack or a lift. Equally, you can lift beneath the front cylinder valve cover if you're careful.

When you say the front lift, do you mean the Abba attachment that supposedly allows you to pull the swingarm down and lift the front wheel? I found it a very poor design and never tried it more than once, so I'd say avoid it and spend money on a proper stand that locates in the steering head. I use mine a lot with different adaptors and it beats those front stands that pick on the front fork ends by miles. Far more stable and better accessibility too.

Nick

Last edited by The Clockie; 01-02-2020 at 11:32 AM..
Old 01-02-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
rac3r

Yep that's the one. Didn't seem worth 40/50 for it. Any links to a good front stand?
Old 01-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
https://constands.co.uk/product/5064...nt-head-stand/
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:11 PM   #5
The Clockie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
I reckon that's the one I got. It's a pleasure to use and comes with a selection of nose-pieces of different diameter, but extra ones are easy to make on the lathe, especially for ADV-type bikes that sit that much higher. A stand like that is excellent if you need to service the forks. (dunno why I chose this smilie: what's it supposed to mean?)

Nick