UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » How’s the boredom for everyone?

Old 21-06-2020, 04:23 PM   #76
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Well. my fabrication skills are somewhat lacking so I needed something off the shelf to do this crankcase breather relocation and so as I couldn't as I had originally planned to use the old hoses that I had removed, but could not find them, I purchased some silicone hose. My one big mistake was underestimating just how soft and supple this hose is. Which in some ways was good since I had to route the hose through some tight spaces and curves but on the other hand because it was so soft it would colapse if bent incorrectly. The prebent hoses would have been ideal here since I originally planned to take the breather hose forward towards the airbox as per the original design but not have it vent into the airbox. That idea went out the window when I found the hose could not bend into the contorted shape required without collapsing. So rearward it was then and so plan B was to have it exit somewhere under the mudguard near to the reg rec but I had no way of fixing it so that it did not flap about and so the next location identified was near the rear underseat exhaust bracket so it could be hidden behind that. That didn't work out quite as I had planned either since it would be fretting against it.

I managed to get it somewhere close to where i wanted where the brackets would work and it was reasonably out of sight from most angles. Anyway I think I did the best I could, it's not ideal and if the original hoses turn up I may have to re-work it but for now it's good enough I think.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 04:24 PM   #77
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Old 21-06-2020, 05:52 PM   #78
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Did pretty much that on one of my 750's.
After a zap (full tank full of fuels worth) round last week when it was hot the oil went from looking like oil to resembling mayo. Thinking that the scavenge system needs to join the pile of parts in the shed.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #79
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

You can't actually see it with the seat and cowl on unless you look underneath. If it works ok and doesn't spit oil all everywhere, I will put some nicer bolts on to fix it.

Old 21-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #80
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Mine's been mayo free but the outlet was right down by the crankcase with the K&N at my last mod, so rather than have oil spill out if I wheelie I was advised on various forums to move it and so as a lock down upgrade I replaced the standard valve with a DP breather valve and extended it upwards. I'm not actually sure if the DP valve is a better part or just a dress up part which is the same as the standard plastic valve but we shall see.

Old 24-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #81
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I forgot to post some pics of what it looks like with the seat on etc: -

DSC-0188-1

I'm actually quite pleased with my handywork for a change. The next jobs are getting the headlamp changed out for the carbon LED unit I've been building and changing the clutch rod o rings as I have a slight oil leak behind the clutch slave, which I thought originally was a leaking slave but I think as it does not leak all the time, leaks a bit when the engine has been run and the clutch fluid level seems ok I think is an oil leak there, so new o rings ordered.