UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 1100 Evo mods - an addicts tale

Old 09-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinPV12 View Post
All very tastefully done Mr Luddite, nice job indeed.
Thanks, Mike. I've still got a long way to go to match your carbon content, but at least I've got something to aim for. By the way, did you get your engine cover resprayed? If so, were you happy with the results?

Also, I always liked the look of your fly screen. Can I ask where it's from; it's not standard is it?
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
MerlinPV12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Thanks, Mike. I've still got a long way to go to match your carbon content, but at least I've got something to aim for. By the way, did you get your engine cover resprayed? If so, were you happy with the results?

Also, I always liked the look of your fly screen. Can I ask where it's from; it's not standard is it?
Morning, cover is a work in progress - I need to get bike down to them so they can have a proper look, but doubt I will have time before TT.

The fly screen is made by Fullsix which came from Steve at Conquest Carbon - lead time is about 6 weeks unless he has one in stock
Old 10-05-2017, 11:25 AM   #3
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinPV12 View Post
The fly screen is made by Fullsix which came from Steve at Conquest Carbon - lead time is about 6 weeks unless he has one in stock
Thanks, Mike. That Fullsix stuff is lovely quality. I hadn't noticed yours was all carbon. The clever way you've painted it makes it look like it has a screen. It fooled me anyway!

Hope you get your engine cover painted okay.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
Jimi216

Luddite

Got myself a new DID gold chain as it's needing a new (shiny) one, but really struggling with the rear sprocket. Been on to design corse and can't decide between the AEM factory set up or the CNC Racing setup. I love the look of both. But how many miles will I get out of the aluminium sprockets? I have looked at Renthal (tried and tested on previous bikes) and love their products but fancy something a little more special.

Any suggestions or experience of these products?
Jimi216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
Luddite

Hi Jimi

My gold DID x-ring is fine. I had a gold Afam on my S2R, which faded quite quickly. But the finish on the DID is much better and still looks as good as new. Also, the Afam only had coloured outer plates while all the DID plates are gold. So thumbs up for the DID.

I've changed the front sprocket for a 14 tooth Renthal and that's fine. I've no experience with aluminium sprockets but logic would suggest they're not going to last as long as steel.

When I need to change my sprockets, I'm going to try a Supersprox Stealth sprocket (part no. 733-525-39-Silver). They have a steel chain ring mated to an aluminium centre so you get weight saving and durability. The centres also come in black, gold or red https://www.supersprox.com/superspro...lth-sprockets/

For the front, I'll try an Ognibene silent sprocket

http://www.ognibenechaintech.com/en/...i-OE.html#null

These have a rubber damper like the OE sprockets and are supposed to be quieter. I certainly noticed a bit more 'chirping' noises when I changed to the Renthal. Whether that was because of the lack of damping rubbers or because it was one tooth smaller, I don't know.

PS it looks like Damien has gone for a stealth sprocket in your other thread http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55139

Last edited by Luddite; 10-05-2017 at 07:07 PM..