UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi all Newbie from lincs.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:23 AM   #16
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Very nice!

(Use the "hotlink for forums" to get the picture itself in your post.)
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #17
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If you click the Share button then copy the Hotlink for forums and paste it here, it will do this: -

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #18
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Looks nice. Standard pretty much and not messed about with. Mirrors and bars are all I can spot. And you should have a seat cowl?

Old 06-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #19
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I have a spare set of genuine mirrors for sale if you need. One mirror glass has a black spot on edge though but not something that affects view. I also have a set of brand new unused aftermarket not so accurate copies in the cupboard.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #20
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello and welcome Brian.

That doesn't look like it will present too many headaches to tidy up and make a very nice bike.

If you're going for concours (and we have a trophy for that now if you bring your winner to the Weekender rally.) I notice that you have at least one very coveted and rare part. I can see that the silencer on the right side has no chamfer on the lower leading edge, as was added to all the later bikes for ground clearance. If the left one is the same you have a winning full house!
You also have the early hugger which is not so common either.

Unfortunately the rear "tea tray" (below the tail light) seems to have been chopped off, hopefully the frame is intact beneath it though. The number plate holder/mudguard is missing too, but neither the tea tray or holder are too hard to find in good nick.

Somebody seems to have put some extra holes in the footrest hanger, but they could be just stickers? Footrest hangars are generic to all the Monsters into the noughties, so they shouldn't be too hard to find if needs be either. They ALWAYS need re-painting in any case!

I'm not sure if they were sent out with the badge sloping downwards on the tank, I thought the logo was always horizontal, but wouldn't swear to it. It could indicate a non-original paint job, which again is not insurmountable and not a problem at all if you're not bothered about originality. Also I think it might be too early for Black? I thought they were all red initially until the Yellow ones appeared, but don't quote me.
Early tanks also had a visible seam running round the filler cap area. I don't have a picture but I'm sure Albie could oblige?

Great bike though, I hope you get many pleasurable miles from it.

I use https://imgbb.com/ for pictures btw, I find it simpler that postimage. You just paste the "BBCode fully linked" to make your picture appear on your post.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 06-07-2020 at 01:39 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:56 PM   #21
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Black was an option in '94 apparently but the wheels should also be black too I think. The bronze 916 colour frame and wheels was a '95 update.

Old 06-07-2020, 03:29 PM   #22
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Decal could be right it may well be the angle . They are not exactly horizontal but almost level with the fuel cap platform. If the holes in footrest holder could be tapped and plugged before painting would be a good idea. Bars aftermarket but bar ends could be right. You at least have the oil level plate. Side panel decals get from Image Works.images on my thread no doubt. There was a number plate mount on here a few months ago was it Bitza..
They are not wear dots on hangers are they. Seems if not there is a slot inbetween mount bolts.

Last edited by Albie; 06-07-2020 at 03:32 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #23
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Black was an option in '94 apparently but the wheels should also be black too I think. The bronze 916 colour frame and wheels was a '95 update.
Black, Dark, Yellow and Red tanks are all listed on the ‘94 model parts fiche, as are Gold, Silver, Red and Black coloured wheels.
The gloss black bikes are fairly unusual, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they came from the factory with gold coloured wheels.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #24
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Black, Dark, Yellow and Red tanks are all listed on the ‘94 model parts fiche, as are Gold, Silver, Red and Black coloured wheels.
The gloss black bikes are fairly unusual, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they came from the factory with gold coloured wheels.
They must have cross referenced the fiche parts with compatable years for earlier models as the Dark models didn't come out until much later (in 1998 I think). The non-chamfered exhausts suggests it's could be an early 94 as the later ones had chamfered exhausts. there was a mixture of the 2 types until 95.

Don't know about the wheels as I looked in up in Monster Bible which said Bronze was new for '95 model year, suggesting earlier years would be black only. '94 900 Supersports had Bronze wheelsiand they were the same wheels so it could be wearing SS wheels or just what they had laying around at that time they as they were in financial doo doo?

Old 06-07-2020, 06:59 PM   #25
brian900m

Many many thanks for the responses - I'm a bit overwhelmed! I haven't actually got the bike yet (being delivered on Friday) so can't answer all the points raised, however I'm sure there are a number of non standard items especially after 25years of various owners, but one of the reasons I bought it was that it wasn't too far from standard! I intend to get the bike back to original specification so shall no doubt be asking many questions of you experts.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #27
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Welcome Brian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
You may find factory workshop manuals are also available on CD from ebay for about £10 usually.
Carl Salter. Probably the same manuals, but free download.

They've got a 1994 Monster workshop manual, but it's in German. Some of the links don't identify market/year/language - so you may have to open it to see what it is/if its close enough to be worth downloading.

I couldn't find a 2001 S4 parts catalog there though - had to snag that from somewhere else.
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #28
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Looks like all you got to do is a bit of engine paint re-finishing - nice bike
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #29
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Always with the engine paint on these but it does actually appear to be better stuff than what they used on the later bikes at least on my '97 it wasn't scabby with blisters coming off.

I looked at the factory production figures just now and the black 900 is not so rare as there appear to have been over 400 made and exported that year to Europe and a similar number to the US but none appear to have been exported to the Uk so that may account for it being uncommon. Maybe it is a euro import as there were a lot made for Germany/Swiss markets?

Old 06-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #30
brian900m

Nothing showed up on HPI check Darren - but that doesn't necessarily mean much I suppose? Previous owner stated it was a UK supplied bike - is there a way to check??

Thanks 350 - any idea what the paint colour/code is for the engine cases?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: