UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Welcome to the UKMOC!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 31-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
Tigerlily

Welcome to the UKMOC!

Welcome to the club!

This area is especially for our new members to come and say hello.

Feel free to start a new thread and tell us a little bit about yourself and what you'd like to gain from from the club.

Perhaps you joined because you're in need of a little technical know-how?

Maybe you want to get out with other Monster riders for meets and runs?

Have a good look round the various forums and don't forget to keep an eye on your regional pages for what's going on and coming up locally.

We even have our very own track day at Mallory Park which I can highly recommend!

We hope you enjoy our club!

Last edited by fatbloke; 31-01-2006 at 09:30 PM..
Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
Tigerlily

It's great to see that new members are settling in and getting to know people

Don't forget about our "Regional" sections for arranging meets and rides - you'll get a far better response.

Old 18-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Miles

Hi,

I have bought a brand new monster S2R 800, My name is Miles and I live 10 miles south west of Bristol. I would love to get involved in the club, and just waiting for the warmer weather to get here !

I'm a bit of an oldie ......started riding seriously at the age of 50 , having ridden small time stuff as a kid. I know, another mid life crisis....

Anway, would love to hear from anyone out there, but I also have a serious question . why on earth don't Ducati make a main stand for the S2R ? its a pain trying to do anything with the bike , like routine maintenance and cleaning, on the side stand. Does anyone know where I can get a main stand contraption of some sort and what it is called that I am looking for !

thanks.

Miles.

Last edited by Miles; 18-03-2006 at 12:16 PM..
Old 18-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #4
Richie(soon 2B)

Greetings Miles, my name is Richie and I've got the same bike, S2R 800 Red, but mine has a white stripe & white wheels (Which are a nightmare to clean, but I wouldn't swap them for anything, except Angelina Jolie, who by the way bought 2 bikes from the same shop I bought mine from, near Gatwick Airport). Anyway, I'm not sure if you can have a centre stand fitted, but what you can do is to buy a front and rear paddock stand for servicing and maintainence. If you can afford a brand new S2R you shouldn't have a problem with the cost of these. They are approx. £40 for a rear stand & £50 for a front stand, and available from www.motrax.co.uk , product code ref. no. SL17R & SL11R. I do not work for motrax, it's just that I have a catalogue sitting next to me. Well worth having. And if I lived out-side of central London and had enough space to have a garage etc.. I would have a set of paddock stands myself, along with 5 more bikes, and equestrian facilities for my 5 year old daughter, and a helicopter landing pad for my drinking buddies, etc.....
Old 19-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
Bodybag

Hello Miles

Welcome to the club.

Phil
Old 20-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
MilesB

Exclamation At last...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles
Hi,

I have bought a brand new monster S2R 800, My name is Miles...

Anway, would love to hear from anyone out there, but I also have a serious question . why on earth don't Ducati make a main stand for the S2R ? its a pain trying to do anything with the bike , like routine maintenance and cleaning, on the side stand. Does anyone know where I can get a main stand contraption of some sort and what it is called that I am looking for !

thanks.

Miles.
Wow - at last - another Miles
I knew logging on as MilesB would avoid confusion at some point

Welcome to the friendliest Biking Club on the planet.

In answer to your question, the simple answer is to get a "Paddock Stand" - which is you have an S2R will presumably have to be a single sided one, as you only have one swing arm. This works by inserting a rod into the axle spindle, and allowing you to lift the rear wheel of the deck whilst supporting the bike upright.

The more complex option is to get a centre stand - although I'm not sure if there is one specifically for the S2R - as the place where you would fit it is occupied by the catalitic converter/collector box 'bagpie' thingy... you'd have to remove that and then see if the standard add-on centre stand still fitted...

Of course you can remove this, and this has been done by others.

But I'm not sure if anyone else has gone on to fit a centre stand?
If so they ain't admitting it !

Miles
Old 20-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
sadbiker

Uhh, would look as bad as the cat, and think of the weight and possible ground clearance probs.

Better to go for a Gen duc paddack stand for the S2.
Old 20-03-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
Tigerlily

Hi Miles

Welcome to the club

You're not the only oldie! Monstering fun isn't restricted to the 20somethings, and I'm sure more than 1 of the other members have bus-passes for when it's not biking weather.
Old 17-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
Redkite2

oops, posted in the wrong thread

Last edited by Redkite2; 17-05-2006 at 08:48 PM..
Old 19-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #10
lcjohnny

Hi Miles

Miles
I am a new Monster owner in Bristol. I have a 1997 M900.
Hope yours is going well!
Old 19-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #11
Bodybag

Hello mate and welcome to the club from a former Fishponds resident. There's loads of Monster riders in Bristol and always rideouts planned. Keep an eye out and someone local will be along shortly to introduce themselves.

Phil
Old 22-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #12
desmo

S2R Stand

HI Miles.
The best stand for cleaning & maintainance of a Monster S2R is an Abba Stand www.abbastands.co.uk
It clips into the rear swing arm pivot point (with the right adaptors) you can then put a small trolley jack under the front the engine & get both wheel off the ground at the same time.

Give me a shout if you fancy a rideout at any time, I live in north Bristol.

Desmo
Old 14-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #13
Homer

Cool Hi All.......

No Monster yet, but have 2 dukes in the wee garage,,,

Whats a good all round monster to look out for?

Wayne , 41 Ely, Cambs
Old 14-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #14
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
No Monster yet, but have 2 dukes in the wee garage,,,

Whats a good all round monster to look out for?

Wayne , 41 Ely, Cambs
For carbed: 750, injection: 800 are generally reckoned to be the best all rounders.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #15
squiffything

Wayne, welcome at last another (nearly) monster owner in cambridgeshire. As slob says the above are regarded as being the best of their type however you have to look at what you want from the beast. If you want that extra grunt then you will want to look at the big beasties but if you just want something to pootle around on then the little uns are perfect. My 620 is all I need it does plenty to the tank full and keeps up with the bigguns on rideouts.

Have a look around the site there are a few guys selling on here at the moment and one or two very nice bikes that can be had from Guys who have looked after and love their machines

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: