UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Progress report

Old 24-02-2020, 02:22 AM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Progress report

dealing with Thai contractors and companies recently has been very up and down ,, sent my Ducati Frame, wheels , swinging arm , and other bits off for powder coating also the Tank , mudgurds and other parts off for repainting and decals ,, and swinging arm off for polishing and a load of nuts bolts brackets andsmall parts off for Yellow Zinc passivating ,,,
I was ssured that the colours and finishes I chose from these companies , would be what I specified .....

WHAT actually happened was not quite that!!!!!!!

The frame and wheels were specified anthracite powder coat , 2 engine cases were specified as satin black powder coat and foot rest mounts were specified Silver powder coat what I got back was everything SILVER powder coat !!!!!! its a lovely quality job but ???
oh and the polished swing arm was POWDERCOATED silver like the frame ....

Then the paint work I specified RAL 1028 which is Melon /Yellow and is a classic 1974 ducati colour a type of orange ,, with black decalling ,,,,what I got back was Classic ducati rosso red and white decalling , again its a lovely quality job ????

and the yellow zinc passivate plated parts came back standard silver zinc plated ?????? again an excellent quality job but??????

Im not going to make a fuss ,, its just not worth it,, they just dont get its and the bike will look lovely and like new when finally assembled but WTF , why cant the Thais do what they are instructed and promised to do ????? Its always like this even for the biggest companies thats why the always have Chines, Westerners or Japanese managers so it get done right

Im back to UK Thursday and still need mechanical end electrical bits from UK bike is all ready for reassembly later in the year when i return .
slow progress and lots of frustration ... also going through a painful but inevitable divorce after 23 years at same time , and i have been ill with very nasty lung infection be glad to be back UK ...

Last edited by jerry; 24-02-2020 at 07:48 AM..
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
The Clockie

Jerry,

Best of luck in the near future with health, bikes and women!

Nick
Old 24-02-2020, 01:01 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
… i have been ill with very nasty lung infection be glad to be back UK ...
Jerry there're gonna read you the riot act when you step off the plane, and probably try to put you in quarantine! Bring your paperwork from your Doctor.. Good luck mate..
Old 27-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Jerry there're gonna read you the riot act when you step off the plane, and probably try to put you in quarantine! Bring your paperwork from your Doctor.. Good luck mate..
Im back in Brighton ,, in suvarnabhumi airport bangkok temp was checked at check in ,, but in Dubai and Gatwick no medical checks just waved thru ,, flight was good but full,, emirates have reduced flights to make best use of planes capacity , lots of people on the plane coughing like me ?????