UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 1200R Exhaust Servo Eliminator

Old 24-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
Dikastes

1200R Exhaust Servo Eliminator

Has anyone any advice for removing the exhaust servo? Is this a mod worth doing? I currently have termi end cans on my 1200R. Thanks.
Old 24-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #2
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
For the 1200r no.

However i did do it on my 1100evo, I imagine it would be very similar.

Basically buy the servo eliminatior and hook it in first; it should be a plug in job with no wiring mods. Check the EML stays off; some elimintors may not work. Mines didn’t however the ebay guy sent me the correct one for free (software bug apparently).

If you’re happy with that you can strip the servo out easy. It’s two screws and unhook the cable. The valve in the exhaust will be permanently open now.

Then if your happy at that stage you could either leave it so you can reinstate it quickly or go one step futher and remove the cable all the way to the valve. Just follow the routing and undo any clips and so on you find on the way.

Then your free to fit a straight pipe to completely do away with valve too.

I must say I don’t really notice any difference now except maybe more pops on overrun, but it looks neater if you go the full distance and put a straight pipe on plus you save about 1kg in weight.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eliminator, exhaust, servo, termi, valve