UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Dyno set-up South-West

Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
andythehandyman

Dyno set-up South-West

Hi, got a S4R with termi's and race ecu fitted and it is awful for fuel consumption and virtually unrideable on a light throttle opening/low gear. To say the throttles need balancing is a huge understatement, but I'm thinking of getting it done properly on a dyno. Does anybody out there know of anywhere decent in the South-West? I'm in Newquay and don't mind travelling for a quality set-up! Custom EPROM mapping would be an advantage too!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Louigi Moto in the bristol area has a dyno and gives top service
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Also Moore speed racing in Bournemouth have one.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by andythehandyman View Post
Hi, got a S4R with termi's and race ecu fitted and it is awful for fuel consumption and virtually unrideable on a light throttle opening/low gear. To say the throttles need balancing is a huge understatement, but I'm thinking of getting it done properly on a dyno. Does anybody out there know of anywhere decent in the South-West? I'm in Newquay and don't mind travelling for a quality set-up! Custom EPROM mapping would be an advantage too!
As pedro says, call Lougi Moto. They have the facility to custom map the stock ECU.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Paul_

Bike: M696
There is a place in North Devon where a mate of mine is having his bike set up after dynojetting/airbox/exhaust mods. Called Ace motorcycles in Bude, very good by all accounts and much closer than having to trudge to Bristol all the time.

Do Riders in Bridgewater do any Dyno stuff? It's still a trek but again closer with it being Bridgwater, although you will be paying more for their time being a main dealer. Had my bike serviced there recently and they did collect and return it free of charge.

Last edited by Paul_; 04-03-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Paul_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Zak

Scooter red did my dyno, based in Cheltenham, plus he races monsters so knows more than most, you should see his own bike, engine has full magnesium casings, and its worth going up just to see those.

Bill and Brian that run the place and are two of he best spanner men going. Highly recommended!

Z.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
andythehandyman

Cheers guys, probably give Ace a ring, should be able to get to Bude on one tank of fuel, not the two it would take to get to Bristol!! Heard a good report about them and it's a cracking ride up the Atlantic Highway to get there!