UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Richard at Louigi Moto - Top Bloke!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-10-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
Macflurry

Bike: M900
Richard at Louigi Moto - Top Bloke!!

Sorry guys but I couldn't let a good deed go by without sharing it.

Some of you will have seen the grief I've been having with the bike I bought in some of the other threads. It got to the point where I took the barrel off of the vertical cylinder to find a shattered oil ring.

Before getting parts ordered in I called up Louigi Moto to ask if they would be able to inspect the cylinders to see if they needed to be re-bored or nikasil plated. Richard said to drop by with the barrels, pistons and heads so he could inspect them all. When I asked how much it would cost or how long he would need them he said just bring them around and it'll take him 10 minutes.

I took them around at 17:45 and after a quick examination he said I could either go the expensive route buying new rings and a new piston or we could try and get it back on the road so I could get some use out of it for now. Before I know it he's scrambling around the racks in his parts room trying to find a piston from a 900 but they were all missing oil rings. Then I nearly came away with a big bore conversion with barrels and pistons from an ST2... as tempting as it was I just wanted it working for now instead of adding to the project. But maybe next year... anyway, after more rummaging the only thing we could find was the oil ring from a 916. Richard started reworking and gapping the oil ring to fit while I cleaned up the new replacement piston and rings. While I was finishing up he honed the bores and checked I hadn't messed up my shims.

When we were done I asked what the damage was and all he asked was a contribution to his brew fund!! The guy had just dropped what he was doing and spent over an hour helping to bail me out just so I could get my first bike on the road and actually start using it. I would have been looking at the cost of a new piston/pistons, if I had swapped them both, plus rings.

Had a couple of self induced issues as it went back together but finally had the bike out today, running right, for over an hour. So once again, a massive thank you to Richard for sorting me out!!

www.louigimoto.com
Macflurry is offline   Reply With Quote