UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Looking for a rivet band for a Sil Motor oval carbon can.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #1
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Looking for a rivet band for a Sil Motor oval carbon can.

Bit of a long shot but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Last year I rebuilt the pipework of a Sil Motor 2-1 exhaust system.
Now I'm looking to refurb the can.
Its a carbon oval and came to me in a damaged condition.
One of the rivet bands was missing and had been replaced with a jubilee clip.
The carbon sleeve itself was a little damaged too and I had originally intended to replace it but after a bit of a fiddle I've managed to dismantle the can without further damage to the sleeve, so I'm now intending to reuse it, albeit in a slightly shortened condition.
The upshot is that I need a single rivet band which matches the hole spacing on the Sil Motor end cap ... which is different to the hole spacing on Termis.
The only source that I have found thus far is Daniele Moto in Germany, but while their unit price is a very reasonable 8 euros or so for a single rivet band, they want to add on a flat rate shipping charge of over 30 euros, which I'm obviously reluctant to pay.
I suppose I could contact them and plead for a reduced postage charge but my German lingo isn't really up to that.
Another option might be to try to make one myself but working in 0.5mm thick stainless would be a bit tricky.

Does anyone know of an alternative, british based or english speaking supplier of Sil Motor spares ?
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote