UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Air Valve

Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
Chris & Nean

Air Valve

No wonder I have been unhappy with the way my S2R is handling, the bikes got a defective air valve in its front wheel, its not resealing when I pull the air line off when trying to set front wheel tire pressure, I have to put a few pounds extra in and quickly poke at the pin in the air valve with my ignition key to try to stop it blowing all the air out and get it to seal itself. The bikes got Marchesini wheels and it looks like the air valve simply unwinds out of the wheel rim, can I buy one of these from any motorcycle dealership? Are they the same thing on all bikes from Addler to Zundap (well Hondas actualy cuz there’s a Honda dealer in my home town) or do I trek on over to JHP in Coventry tomorrow morning? Ty in advance for help ppl.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Scotty

think the inside valve bit is generic

the whole valve thingamy (i keep getting told) is ducati specific (front one at least) think i have a triumph valve assembly on my rear at the moment
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Chris & Nean

I don’t understand “inside bit” Scotty, is the valve disassemblable. I’m happy to take it apart and clean it if it is.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
Scotty

i think you can unscrew the inside valve stem, tyre fitters do this to let all the air out quickly and somtimes replace the besite with a new one il see if i can take a picture or two ...
Old 09-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
Scotty

hummm

right dont think you al be taking that out without the correct tool , like a tyre fitter might have

humm im not sure if it comes right out or not you might have to get the whole new stem and assembly

i think the only solution is to see a tyre fitter
Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
stuartg

If you take the bike to any tyre fitting centre (car or bike) they can replace the inner valve easily with the required tool quite cheaply. Failing that you can buy the tool and replacement valves from most motor factors and they shouldn't cost much more than a tenner I wouldn't have thought
Old 10-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
Spike

The old style valve metal caps have a raised part on them which is designed to unscrew the valve, failing that a push bike tyre repair kit should have the equiptment you need in it to remove the valve.