UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » George White - Ducati ?

Old 18-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
satan916

George White - Ducati ?

Just heard a rumour that George White have been given a Ducati franchise, this could be good (or not) news if true for those of us who hail from the wastelands of the south west as we have a branch of said dealer here in Plymouth and so would be the obvious choice for servicing without having to travel to the next nearest location which I believe to be SP Motorcycles in Exeter. Having said that, the Plymouth branch was under different management until recently, and was a Triumph dealer to which I took my 955 Speed Triple to have some work done on it, when I got it back I discovered they had forgotten to tighten the header pipes back up. Wonder if they've kept on the mechanics ?
I shall investigate further
Old 18-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
On their web site now

http://www.georgewhite.co.uk/new-bik...cturer/ducati/
Old 20-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Paul_

Bike: M696
I'm in the same boat, live in Plymouth and have nowhere locally to take the bike for servicing. From speaking with people on other forums I've been told in no uncertain terms to stay away from George White Plymouth for anything Ducati. SP in Exeter come highly recommended, they will be doing my belts come May when they need replacing, didn't know they could do the full servicing as well. I was looking to take the bike back to Riders in Bridgewater for its 7500 mile service, if anyone knows of any other places or could recommend SP for servicing as well as just belt changes would be good to hear your testimonials or opinions. Will keep an eye on this thread...
Paul_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #4
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
George Whites are moving forward again. They also now have Aprillia and Moto Guzzi in Swindon. Ducat will NOT be coming to Swindon though. Their service work is good, the issue and common complaint is the delay in booking in, usually 6 weeks. If you buy a new bike, you have to book it in straight away and agree it in the deal or you won't get a booking. Great shops and prices though and a nice and understandable problem when you sell 6000+ bikes a year.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
satan916

Not dealt with SP myself, but ask to speak to KAI as he used to work for a company in Crediton (Italian Motorcycle Company), always took my 888 and my previous S4 to them for work, and he owned a Multistrada, so he knows whats what, so they can't be bad and I shall be taking my present S4 to them for valve clearance/throttle balancing work later this year (and there's a Dyno set up nearby!!)

Last edited by satan916; 21-02-2011 at 06:44 AM..
Old 21-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Louigi Moto in Bristol is first class
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote