UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Neutral light on-dimmed- sometimes

Old 22-10-2004, 10:19 AM   #1
caro'n'rich

Question Neutral light on-dimmed- sometimes

Doing the work run (yeah - the only road in Bristol you CAN do the ton at 8.00 in the morning.... grin), me neutral light stayed on even when I wasn't in neutral - although dimmed. bah humbug.

Could it be that after lovingly washing and polishing beautiful monsterdark, (and drying it as best I could), water got into the electrics? The problem was (mostly) on Monday - wash was on Sunday.

Any tips, hints or other?
Cheers
carocalandra
Old 22-10-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
A Yerbury

could be, its a crappy little switch back right of the bike just below the saddle. may be a short circ but if its gone the switches are cheap and easy to attach (easy with a box spanner anyway)
Old 22-10-2004, 04:47 PM   #3
Phoenix

Mines on all the time - Has been for about a year. Suspect I need to investigate at some point
Old 22-10-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Mine's on most of the time too, dimmed usually but from time to time it does get brighter, usually when I'm at junctions or stopped for a long period of time.
Old 22-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #5
Duncan

Probabaly just water in the connection on the back of the gearbox. Similar happens from time to time on the oil light too.

I am only in Downend and am local area rep so if you get stuck drop round and say hi and will fix it for you.
Old 24-10-2004, 10:03 AM   #6
caro'n'rich

Hi Duncan
Fantastic offer - thanks - currently the light is off (although being sunday morning I've just washed it again, so maybe tomorrow it'll be back again).
I live in Hartcliffe but work at UWE, Frenchay, so pass by Downend practically every day (except when cycling with pedals).
Do local monster owners meet up and do stuff?
Cheers
Caroline