UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Web Page & Forum :. » Help and Site FAQ's » Monster Owners Club - what is it?

Old 20-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #1
Khanivore

Question Monster Owners Club - what is it?

So what exactly is the UK Monster Owners Club and what do I get out of joining it - in fact how do I join it? Is there such a thing as a Ducati Owners Club and is that different to the Monster Owners Club - are they related? Do any of these have any links to Ducati themselves?

Cheers,
Khani
Old 20-07-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
Uk monster owners club for monster owners

Doc Ducati owners club. Ie join Scottish Ducati club (if yer Scottish ) and you automatically get doc membership…I think you may get that here too. Doc is the official Ducati membership as far as I’m aware.

UKMOC is the best tho. No in fighting or political rhetoric here. Just nice people who know a lot about monsters.

You don’t get anything out of joining as such except access to the absolute best forum I personally have ever been in.

Some one will pop up and explain joining I’m sure…you're a registered user surely that makes you a member.

Last edited by Ron1000; 20-07-2019 at 10:07 PM..
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
four Desmo Owners Clubs (factory approved) in UK:
subscribed;
Ducati Sporting Club (ducatisportingclub.com)
Ducati Owners Club GB (docgb.org)
free;
Scottish Ducati Club (ducati-upnorth.com)
UK Monster Owners Club (you’re here already)

AFAIK you can be associated with up to three clubs by clicking the link from your profile on my ducati.com and requesting membership
http://www.thelasturl.net/doc/myducati.html

Affiliation allows registered members to go on free factory tours, get discounts on DRE and events like WDW or EICMA, as well as participate in an special offers with Ducati UK.

Please feel free to PM or email me rob(at)ukmonster(dot)co(dot)uk if you're not sure

You are eligible if you are a forum user who owns a Monster and live in the UK,Republic of Ireland, Channel Isles, Isle of Man etc. or an ex-pat Monster owner. We will also register your husband/wife/partner/girl or boy friend (after all there's not much point in getting a discount MotoGP grandstand ticket if you can't sit with your pillion)

please make sure the information on myducati matches your User CP profile on the forum so we can ‘match you up’, likewise email
me (as above) or pm me if your partner is requesting affiliation and isn’t registered on the forum.

Last edited by slob; 20-07-2019 at 10:43 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 08:59 AM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanivore View Post
So what exactly is the UK Monster Owners Club and what do I get out of joining it -
I could say the answer is 42, but it's too good a question.

What you get out of it is directly proportional to what you put in... Or more in most cases.

You see, we don't have a formal management committee to hamper or dampen things, so anyone with a will to do so, can pipe up with an idea for something and see if it gets any support if you're prepared to do a little legwork.

You can ask if there are any local members to you that would like to meet up for breakfast and a ride out.. Just find a place and name a time... It could lead to forming another local UKMOC group. Ask Moco1961 if it works.. Next thing you know, you're part of a big friendly family.

You could have a crazy idea, like a club run from Ness Point, Britain's most Easterly point. To Land's end.... Sunrise to Sunset.. People will come on Monsters and have a massive hoot with you.

You might discover that you have a way of gaining privileged access to something of interest, like the BBMF at RAF Coningsby, and get your club mates a personal tour of the Flight along with a touchy feely encounter with Typhoons. The kind of thing that get's you carried shoulder high through the street of New York (Lincs).

Anything is possible... Just go for it.

Old 21-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #5
Moco1961

Wink Ukmoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanivore View Post
So what exactly is the UK Monster Owners Club and what do I get out of joining it -
Hi Khani, it's exactly what Mr G said plus more, it's a forum for Monster owners to communicate,interact and meet.Its a friendship group, it's a problem solving group,it's an enthusiasts group.......ideas are shared,problems are solved,innovation is encouraged and shared ( eg Lord of the rings ), meets are arranged and the criac is good.

we all share a common interest/passion for the monster but come from different backgrounds in different parts of the U.K. and beyond.

You won't be disappointed, enjoy the ride......see you on the 4th
Old 21-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
slob

I'm going to correct that slightly, we most certainly do have a formal committee.
President, Vice President and Secretary (slob, pedro & liz at the moment), elected every few years. However I suspect heavy handed management wouldn't work, when a national club run through a web forum is largely dependent on a network of volunteer area reps.
We run the forum and support those reps, control use of the club's logo for any merchandising and are the point of contact with both Ducati UK and the Factory in Bologna.
Area reps also act as forum moderators, although again we try to run 'light touch' management of the forum, although from time to time situations can develop that need to be dealt with somewhat more decisively, fortunately this is very rarely.
Gaza is right that the more you put in, the more you get out. Most reps start with no local activity, followed by a forum post and sitting in a local cafe once a month (ideally not the same weekend as a neighbouring area) waiting for someone to show up, six months later you might find you have a dozen regular attendees, going for ride outs when the weather allows.
We currently have active groups in East Anglia (Norfolk), the South East (Kent), South West (Hants/Wilts), North West (Manchester area) and Ricky trying to get something together in Northern Ireland.

Last edited by slob; 21-07-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Old 21-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
vince53

Bike: M1100s
UKMOC very good and people always willing to help without being judgmental ,found my new bike on here ! a really good source of info and knowledge bypassing hours of searching for the solutions sometimes , and some fun topics , but haven't yet sussed out how to get hold of a couple of UKMOC stickers for me Rims ?? Slob you'll know do I buy them from somewhere ? pretty please * )
vince53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #8
Ron1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince53 View Post
UKMOC very good and people always willing to help without being judgmental ,found my new bike on here ! a really good source of info and knowledge bypassing hours of searching for the solutions sometimes , and some fun topics , but haven't yet sussed out how to get hold of a couple of UKMOC stickers for me Rims ?? Slob you'll know do I buy them from somewhere ? pretty please * )
+1 re stickers and a t shirt
Old 21-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #9
Khanivore

So when you say 'UKMOC' are you talking about this forum? Sorry for being so thick.
Old 21-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #10
slob

amir: both the club and the forum... which are much the same, think of the forum as our clubhouse. we just don’t restrict access as it would make the forum a poorer place (without, for example, an american forum user who recently went to great effort to write an ecu diagnosis how-to for a member who was struggling)

re-read my first reply about being eligible for factory affiliation (in you case yes: monster owner in the uk... what it says on the tin) and click the link for step by step instructions on registering with ducati and club affiliation.

re: stickers, i’ll pm you vince & ron
Old 21-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #11
Ron1000

Stickers I love a sticker
Old 21-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #12
Khanivore

Awesome - thanks guys. I came here thinking it was just a forum but it’s much more
Old 21-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #13
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
I'm going to correct that slightly, we most certainly do have a formal committee.
President, Vice President and Secretary (slob, pedro & liz at the moment),
Please accept my apologies Il Presidente and never forget that the work of you three is always appreciated.
By a formal Management committee, I meant the kind of officious bodies that govern most one make or one model clubs. They seem to seek to control every aspect of club life, create endless rules, call meetings to decide what meetings to have and further their own importance.
We don't have a membership secretary as we don't have any subs...It's a free club. We don't have a treasurer as we don't have any money. We don't have an officer for this and one for that. We don't have an AGM because they're boring and no-one is interested. Do we have any rules?? I would only break them anyway!

Going back to getting out what you put in, I think it all works just fine... Long may it continue..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: