UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My M750 Rebuild

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 30-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #31
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Now you've gone and done it..!!!!

I'm going to have to take the mop to my rocker and camshaft covers now...

(That's a veiled compliment....Looking good Taff..)
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #32
Taff666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I believe Stainless Steel can be plated to good effect, but it's cheaper to just polish them up yourself.
It's your own fault mate, after reading the above I went out and bought a bench grinder and a polishing/buffing kit so I could follow your advice!!
Old 30-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #33
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Damn....Hoisted by ones own Petard..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 06:04 AM   #34
Taff666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Damn....Hoisted by ones own Petard..
Always makes your eyes water!!
Old 27-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #35
Taff666

And you thought I was dead.......

Not dead, just skint!!

Frame heading for powder coating this week, so abnormal service may be resumed some time soon
Old 01-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #36
Taff666

Les Bling Sont Arrive

This arrived on my drive this morning - it certainly attracted the attention of our local Mr. Nosey who lives opposite.

After taking it as suspiciously as possible (so as to provide maximum arousal for Mr. Nosey's nose) to my shed, I unwrapped all to find these :-

Now the fun really begins - I have a quite complicated 3D Ducati jigsaw in my shed and only a vague memory of what goes where (Its been apart so long!!)

I think its best if you all now stand by for a constant barrage of dumb**s questions along the lines of :-

What is this bit?

Where does it go?

Do I really need it or can I bin it?
Old 01-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #37
don_matese

The frame and swing arm are great, I kind of wish I had done that instead of going the original aged bronze paint route!
Old 01-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #38
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff666 View Post
This arrived on my drive this morning - it certainly attracted the attention of our local Mr. Nosey who lives opposite.

After taking it as suspiciously as possible (so as to provide maximum arousal for Mr. Nosey's nose) to my shed, I unwrapped all to find these :-

Now the fun really begins - I have a quite complicated 3D Ducati jigsaw in my shed and only a vague memory of what goes where (Its been apart so long!!)

I think its best if you all now stand by for a constant barrage of dumb**s questions along the lines of :-

What is this bit?

Where does it go?

Do I really need it or can I bin it?
I printed out the part diagrams from the Stein Dins website for part reference to hand and also if you need a pic of said part they have them to hand when you click.on the part number.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #39
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Nice, Is it chrome or that fancy metallic powder coat?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #40
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Just about to ask the same question Darren.....looks like Mirror Chrome Powder Coating to me?
Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #41
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Cool

Good looking bits and bobs.

Get it built.

Yorkie
Old 01-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #42
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Yes they do amazing powdercoat colours now if that's so. Redditch offered me chrome alloy finish stuff. It looks great if the product is absolutely free from pitting or dinks.

I really like that look. What colour are the wheels being done ?

Question did you lose your frame number there ?

Last edited by Albie; 01-10-2015 at 08:25 PM..
Old 01-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #43
Dookbob

That is real nice looking powder coating.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #44
Taff666

Dumb**s Questions Begin

It's Grade A+ powder coating Dudes

Looks like polished ally, not quite chrome shiny.

Done by Aerocoat, Great Yarmouth. (Google 'em, they're brill!!)

They have a coating called "Aeromax" bit more expensive than flat colour but I'm going for the bling look!

Brill service (they phoned me abroad to ask if the price was OK) Top quality.

OK You've looked at the pics, now it's time to "Help An Idiot"

Quick Note
A Bit About My Monster History

It may also explain why I've forgotten so much about which part of this motorcycle is connected to that part of this motorcycle!!

I bought this Monster in 2006 to go on an already arranged trip when my Harley munched a cam bearing. Harley - Monster..... it's a V twin thing.

After seeing the light that said Harleys are sh*te, I returned to motorcycling of the oriental type - CB1300, Fazer 1000, and the Monster became a "project bike" around 2008, mothballed around 2009, but then I bought an Aprilia RSV, which sent me back to big cc V twins, which led to me getting back to my Monster (and a KTM RC8) and rambling here.

I have zero engineering training - I am a draftsman and Stella drinker! I need help - but not the type " connect the sprigthromble to the adjacent spragdodger" - I can only understand short words and can lose interest/attention quite quickly (I am almost old) - please treat me as a mechanical idiot.

Questions

Do frames "swell" a bit when they cook the powder coating on? Engine/frame gaps seem larger than when I dismantled this.

I have started rebuilding and would appreciate any pics/diags of where the spacers that fell out when I removed frame/engine bolts re-fit!

Rear mounting is full length through engine and both sides of frame but does not now appear to be long enough. I knew I should have taken more pics when I dismantled it (about 3 yrs and 2 phones ago!)

From memory they both fell out of the same (RHS sitting on bike) side. I have 2 no. 2 or 3mm spacers to fit.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a Ducati M750 (1997) manual (preferably with loadsa pics and short words! even if it is in Italian, it's very much like Welsh, honest!) that would save me from bugging y'all with the many, many stoopid questions that are to come, it would be much appreciated.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:07 PM   #45
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I don't recall any spacers like you describe other than shims on swingarm. Maybe because you have gaps that's why the spacers. If you need me to measure bolts and gaps on a 93 monster I can or I have a 97 m750 frame coffee table to measure too. Mine is all in bits so can assist and ready to go together.

This link may help you in parts placement etc and pictures if you click on the number and part numbers too. Its helped me and I printed out the sheets too for the garage and runs along side the Haynes manual.

http://www.stein-dinse.biz/eliste/el...8cfd4e4g&lg=en

Last edited by Albie; 01-10-2015 at 10:20 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: