UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Black Forest/Romantic Road

Old 14-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #1
Kazza

Black Forest/Romantic Road

Just back from an amazing 10 days riding through Luxembourg to Germany - did the B500 which was on my bucket list and rode back through Reims then home. 2,130 miles - second European trip of the year. Did French Ardennes region in May. Looking forward to Northern Spain in October. Why didn't I do this years ago!! :-). Much better riding roads than over here.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
Just back from an amazing 10 days riding through Luxembourg to Germany - did the B500 which was on my bucket list and rode back through Reims then home. 2,130 miles - second European trip of the year. Did French Ardennes region in May. Looking forward to Northern Spain in October. Why didn't I do this years ago!! :-). Much better riding roads than over here.
Sounds like a lovely trip- Just back from the Ardennes then up to Bruges myself.

I am with you- wish I'd started going to Europe years ago too- the roads are quiet, beautifully surfaced (for the most part) and they love motorcycles over there with cars and agricultural traffic alike moving over to let them past.
Old 15-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
sounds good kazza , did you camp or hotel it ? yeh B500 is a must do i think..
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
Wasta

Bike: M900
I'm off to that area in a few weeks, taking the Tuono for comfort and speed.
Was there a few years ago on the K1200 gt.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #5
Doggy

Bike: M796
B500 is good but so many less populated roads that maybe even better around that area . Done it a few times .
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #6
Kazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duke View Post
sounds good kazza , did you camp or hotel it ? yeh B500 is a must do i think..
Hotels - went with DragonMoto Tours - they booked everything which helps with work taking up most of our time! Did an early morning from Folkestone, 1 night in Luxembourg at the Grand Hotel Vianden, then on to the Kurhotel Alexa in Bad Mergentheim. Had 3 nights there and they were amazing hosts (even watched the football with us and supported England)! We then had 3 nights based at Hotel Waldblick in Schenkezell and each day had rideouts on different routes. The B500 was worth doing although they have made quite a bit of it restricted speed limit now (but still plenty of opportunity to enjoy it Final hotel on the route back to Calais was Hotel Le Tulipier at Vienne-le-Chateau. We stayed there in July and again they can't do enough for you and love bikers.