UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Multi bike / rider policy

Old 22-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
He11cat

Multi bike / rider policy

I thought the rider policy's had been stopped ..
could anyone recommend a good / fair priced multi bike policy or rider policy ..

Sorry not Ducati's ... but one is Italian

So can't be Ducati insurance ...
I will ask them about my bike this year!

Also seperate question.. my bike has had some bling on it and stuff end cans I need to tell Mr insurance will this bump my insurance up massivley apart from the cans its all tarty stuff nothing major not performance related.
Well its more tidy then the beaten up dark I got..it would be stupid to undervalue it.

Maybe they will give me a feel sorry for other road users discount for the glittery paint?

What on earth is going on in the bay of evil???? Any one noticed a glut of M600's being sold for over 2 grand latley???
Thats not right is it .. some with the tank dent and all... and they have sold !!!!

Im feeling quite happy with my intial price of £1200 now .... well mine could top that now with all the ruddy things that have worn out or died ...
Old 22-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
analogue_rogue

im hoping mine is worth up that end now..... it mighgt mean imnot out of pocket lol
Old 22-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
satan916

Try EBIKE or Carole Nash, both will do multibike policies, EBike can be done online, you can list (or not) any mods you have to each bike, and they don't charge for any mid-term changes, although I found them a tad more expensive this year than Nash (but these charge for changes).

Last edited by satan916; 22-03-2011 at 11:48 AM..
Old 22-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
scrapps

My insurance is due and I tried C Nash as they keep trying to win me back. Not worth the call for me as they were almost double the price of Ducati Insurance.
They also wanted me to use a custom bike policy as I have got custom paint. The only plus with them is the europe cover on the breakdown but I would be better to get RAC cover that includes both bikes and my car etc.
Happy Hunting HellCat.
Old 22-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
He11cat

yep I had to put my Yam on custom with CN and they are pricey .. and im no kiddo..

Thanks for the heads up ..

So Scrapps what did Ducati insurance say about the glittery paint and things like different end cans?
Did it bump up the price?

I think I shall insure mine for the value of a small continent ... feels like it cost that much by now
Old 22-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
He11cat

Im with Swinton at the mo....
and footman James on a multi policy with the other 2 ... but they have been dire...
Last year I did as they asked please reply to email to renew your cover as per last year... So I did and spoke on phone and thought no more of it.... 3 months later I suddenly thought huh no direct debit has come out? I rang them and said whats going on and they said oh we cancelled your insurance as you did not want to renew.. I said ive contacted you saying to renew twice!!!!

I was furious as had been uninsured! They then had the nerve to say well of course now your premium has gone up ! I was so angry.... so no thanks ...

il look at ebike and other one cheers
Old 22-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
scrapps

Ducati insurance had no problem with the paint or end cans (road legal)
CN said they had no idea how Ducati could be pricing so low. (£140 for both bikes fully comp protected)
Old 22-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
He11cat

I'm
going there this year then !! I'm paying near £200 for my M600 !
Mind you I pay nearly that for a ruddy cg 125 !!
Old 22-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
scrapps

They seem very good for old timers like myself but I have heard they are not so good for young riders.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
scrapps

Hellcat what do you think of my avata picture it is sort of UKMOC related as i am wearing a ukmoc shirt while taking dobbin for a ride through the blue ridge mountains single horse power was enough as some of the track were very steep and tested my riding skills a few times

Happy days
Old 22-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #11
analogue_rogue

I only pay £87.00 for any of my bikes.....
Old 22-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
scrapps

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue_rogue View Post
I only pay £87.00 for any of my bikes.....
Thats a good price ! is that fully comp ? who with ?
Old 22-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
analogue_rogue

thats 3rd F and T. FC was 127.00 with bike sure...
Old 22-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
ducato insrance are also know as wicked quotes who do any bikes

they are just a broker

my Ducati Insurnace/wicked quotes multibike policy is underwritten by equity red star so maybe try them direct

they were happy with my assorted mods too but the insurace wont cover the replacement of them but wont penalise either

Last edited by Funkatronic; 22-03-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
analogue_rogue

i think thats who underwrite mine from bikesure....