UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance Conundrum

Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
Blufoot

Try MCE, they were far cheaper than anyone else when I renewed last year, an I mean FAR cheaper. In fact they were the first people to introduce me to the wonderful world of Fully Comp insurance after nearly a decade of riding!

Also, haggle with them, it worked for me, and when I spole to them on the phone I was pretty straight up with them - told them the quote was too high and asked what 'we' could do to lower the price, these guys work on commission so if you make it clear you're ready to buy if the price is right you'll be amazed at what's possible
Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
Blufoot

Try MCE, they were far cheaper than anyone else when I renewed last year, an I mean FAR cheaper. In fact they were the first people to introduce me to the wonderful world of Fully Comp insurance after nearly a decade of riding!

Also, haggle with them, it worked for me, and when I spole to them on the phone I was pretty straight up with them - told them the quote was too high and asked what 'we' could do to lower the price, these guys work on commission so if you make it clear you're ready to buy if the price is right you'll be amazed at what's possible
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
Zbornak

Thanks I'll give them a call.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #19
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
West Whickham does look a bit of a quiet spot for crimes, I take it you'd be joining the anti-social category with loud pipes
There's always flex in insurance and as blufoot says it's always worth trying to haggle a bit with them.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
2 things... DECLARE THE MODS Some will not charge extra but will only replace the parts with standard items (as mine will) in the event of damage/theft. i.e. you put bling on, fine, but if it gets nicked don't expect anything extra. The exception is for "performance" modifications, i.e. exhausts/filter/tuning usually with more than 5% increase in bhp.

This is more likely to increase a premium. Better to pay a bit more though than have them worm out of a claim because you insured a standard bike and the one that's stuck in a hedge after smashing into a Bentley has some carbon bits on

As for the chain, check if you get a reduced premium. If not, or if it's neglible DO NOT DECLARE it. I declared an Almax chain, and the small print said any claim would be invalid if the listed security devices were not fitted at the time of theft. When I called up, they took it off the policy and the premium was the same

Hope this helps
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
Zbornak

Sound advice. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #22
Zbornak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufoot View Post

They said they couldn't quote me because of the mods, my job and the length of time I've had my licence (had to say 1 month as a minimum).

Edit: Just got a quote from Bikesure on Tiger.co.uk (who were unable to quote me on the phone...?) for £315 TPFT with a total excess of £600. When combining the premium with the excess this is by far the cheapest. And that is including mods! Plus Bikesure accept the main post-test training qualifications for discounts. I'll call them later to try and it get it down or if they won't budge, try and get them to throw in free breakdown cover (£50).

Last edited by Zbornak; 10-03-2011 at 03:31 PM..