UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Moto Rapido again!!

Old 13-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
banditloon

Moto Rapido again!!

Thanks to Luke today for sorting out the spacers and rear wheel bearings for my "old series" Monster! Why can't they call it a classic Mosnter not an old series!!

Best take her round for an MOT re-test in the morning now!!
Old 13-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditloon View Post
Thanks to Luke today for sorting out the spacers and rear wheel bearings for my "old series" Monster! Why can't they call it a classic Mosnter not an old series!!

Best take her round for an MOT re-test in the morning now!!
"Old series " sounds like they want to put them out to grass. Long may they ride around. The trouble is you won;t get cheap road tax no more for ageing bikes. They stuffed us with that. 32 year bike has to pay road tax the same .
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Glad to hear they sorted the bike, 'classic' or not! Thumbs up to MR too, for sorting the problem with my '06 S2R, would certainly recommend them.
Old 13-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
wish they were do my insurance rebuild, but thats another story
Old 14-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
"Old series " sounds like they want to put them out to grass. Long may they ride around. The trouble is you won;t get cheap road tax no more for ageing bikes. They stuffed us with that. 32 year bike has to pay road tax the same .
Have they discontinued the classic road tax concession then, Albie? I hadn't heard about that. The miserable, weasely, penny pinching, stupid, killjoy, buffoons. Exactly how much of their road system do they expect us to wear out doing a few hundred miles a year on an old classic motorcycle? And on top of that, they don't design the roads for bikes anyway, with their dangerous traffic calming schemes, speed humps on tight bends, unrepaired potholes, super-skiddy tarmac/mastic repairs etc.
Rant, rant, rant......
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Have they discontinued the classic road tax concession then, Albie? I hadn't heard about that. The miserable, weasely, penny pinching, stupid, killjoy, buffoons. Exactly how much of their road system do they expect us to wear out doing a few hundred miles a year on an old classic motorcycle? And on top of that, they don't design the roads for bikes anyway, with their dangerous traffic calming schemes, speed humps on tight bends, unrepaired potholes, super-skiddy tarmac/mastic repairs etc.
Rant, rant, rant......
Pre 1973 only.
Not that the GT50 will cost a lot to tax its just that every year vehicles get older but it doesn't count. Noy only that some new cars even though they are large and have 4 wheels dont pay due to emissions. Excuse me they are on the friggin road though.

Sorry for rant and hijack

How we identify a vehicle as ‘historic’
You may be able to tax your vehicle in the ‘historic vehicle’ tax class if it was built before 1 January 1973
and is one of the qualifying vehicles listed below.
Qualifying vehicles
Private or light goods vehicles – this includes buses used for voluntary, community or other
non-profit-making purposes.
Motorcycles and tricycles.
Private heavy goods vehicle (HGV) – this does not include vehicles designed for, or adapted for, transporting
goods on a public road for business purposes, including HGVs used for driver training or testing purposes.
Special vehicles – this includes mobile cranes and pumps, road rollers, works trucks and digging machines
(except showmen’s goods and haulage vehicles).
Haulage vehicles – not used for haulage purposes.
Special concessionary – including agricultural machines, mowing machines, snowploughs, gritting vehicles,
electric vehicles and steam vehicles.
Note: you will not have to pay vehicle tax if you have a historic vehicle, but you must still tax and insure it
every year and display a ‘nil value’ tax disc.
How you tax your vehicle in the historic vehicle tax class
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Hmm.. steam vehicles eh?

Maybe all the UKMOC kettle straddlers are due a tax rebate
Old 15-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #8
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
Hmm.. steam vehicles eh?

Maybe all the UKMOC kettle straddlers are due a tax rebate
Yes... but only if built before 1st Jan 1973!