UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Thanks Ducati Proteam

Old 10-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
scrapps

Thanks Ducati Proteam

I would just like to thank Alex at Ducati proteam for helping my get the bike sorted in time for the weekender (end of may)
It had not been running quite right for a while so when it was at Proteam for a service Alex had a look at a few things and found one of the sensors was not giving good readings.
So i took it home (Alex was busy) and first swapped the sensor from my multi to the monster with no change then checked plugs and wire to sensor still no problem found.
While chatting to Shuffy he said that his bike had a fault like mine but it was water in the wiring loom,I checked the loom and it was soaked.
Dried the loom out and it was a lot better but still not 100% so on the Friday morning on my way to the weekender Alex let me pop in so he could check the settings and readings with the Ducati test equipment,(very kind with no booking) the sensor was now working so Alex reset the bike inc the TPS and it was like a new bike.
Had a great weekend away and it even kept going with no problems it the pi**ing rain on the trip home.

Thanks for taking the extra time to run the tests and for letting me pop in on the Friday and sorting the bikes setting for me.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Perhaps after the wet ride home you should be draining the loom again?
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
scrapps

If it starts playing up again it will be the first place I look !
Old 10-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I think that because he's a meber of the forum he should offER us a 99% discount........
Just in time for him to pick up my bike next week with a long list of things to sort out.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.

Last edited by J.P; 10-06-2011 at 03:08 PM..
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Unit 18

You're welcome.
I had to do a call out in the evening to a guy on his way to the TT a couple of weeks ago, got him on his way in about twenty minutes, not something I'd usually do but it saved his week.
I was a bit jealous when he and his mate set off, but the thought of a slog up the motorways to Liverpool took the edge off my envy!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
Paivi

Al once swung by my house on his way home on a Saturday as my bike, which I needed to ride to Silverston, wouldn't start. A little bit of TLC from him and I was on my way.

Al rocks.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
Unit 18

Aww gee shucks....I'm all embarrassed now, any luck with the Duchess Paivi?
Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
Paivi

Nope, the cloned ECU still didn't work, so John's bringing her back to his workshop at Silverstone for some fettling.