UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My Return to UK M.O.C.

Old 22-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
Why ?

That's what I do anyway but I will be using it, all the paperwork was sent to DVLA today for FIRST registration.

I've never seen the alloy fairing before or some of the carbon parts that are on it.
It looks quite similar (Though less vented) to the RoadRacing one on Bobertandsammy’s M900 which he is trying to sell.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
It looks quite similar (Though less vented) to the RoadRacing one on Bobertandsammy’s M900 which he is trying to sell.
Clearing out a paperwork drawer the other day I came across some old bike brochures and catalogues including my very first (very well-thumbed!) Monster Ducati Performance catalogue that Steve Hillary gave me way back in 2001.

Anyway, in amongst all the usual Termis and billet stuff by DPM (remember them?), were a couple of pages of 'pressed aluminium accessories' and it looks like BeePee's bike has the nose fairing.

That's the first time I've ever seen some of this aluminium stuff on a UK bike - more popular in Europe but quite scarce over here, I think.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
BeePee

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Clearing out a paperwork drawer the other day I came across some old bike brochures and catalogues including my very first (very well-thumbed!) Monster Ducati Performance catalogue that Steve Hillary gave me way back in 2001.

Anyway, in amongst all the usual Termis and billet stuff by DPM (remember them?), were a couple of pages of 'pressed aluminium accessories' and it looks like BeePee's bike has the nose fairing.

That's the first time I've ever seen some of this aluminium stuff on a UK bike - more popular in Europe but quite scarce over here, I think.
I've just noticed, the rear tail tidy is the same one too except it looks like he's had the carbon installed instead of the aluminiumumum
Old 04-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
I've just noticed, the rear tail tidy is the same one too except it looks like he's had the carbon installed instead of the aluminiumumum
This is your tail guard:

I had one briefly on my S2R 1000 but the fit left quite a lot to be desired so I swapped it for the carbon version of the standard guard.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:42 PM   #5
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
And if you remove the tailpiece you'll find the securing bolts are retained in a cone of resin, you can then rasp that resin down a bit from the bolt shaft and the whole piece will be able to sit lower and flush with the frame as the original design was intended to sit. I did exactly this on mine years back and while few people will notice I think it looks so much better, more 'factory intended' and less like a bolt on extra.