UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Declaring cans on insurance??

Old 23-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #16
Sqwifeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
I declared my Termi's to Ducati insurance. Don't think the premium went up but they did say they wouldn't cover the Termi's, possibly because I'm fully comp.
There's no sense in any of this stuff is there? Last years MOT went fine with my VFR400 with a termi, no problem. This year, different garage- said they weren't happy and had to fit baffles?

I've been looking at insurance quote for the monster with my VFR, and today rang Ducati insurance. They didn't even have the M695 on their list so I'm waiting for them to ring me back with a quote.
Old 24-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #17
stirrup

hi sqwifeve, I've had my 695 insured through Ducati Insurance since last year, they had it listed and quoted straight off. Might be worth you calling them again, may just be who you spoke to. Incidentally, as per the thread I have listed all mods incl. termis and no policy cost change.
Old 25-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #18
Sqwifeve

Rang and they said they'd phone back with a quote. They didn't and now I've gone with my current insurer Carole Nash who undercut the best quote I'd had. So tough luck for Ducati insurance.
Old 23-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #19
Heed

I declared my cans and was told that as they don't have an E mark that my current company wouldn't insure me. My broker found me a different company and it's now cheaper to insure my 900 monster than it was to insure a standard SV650S
Old 23-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #20
smiler996

eBike allows you to add all the mod's on your bike - with no real change in costs - if its on and you have added it to your cover, then they will payout
Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #21
Martin C
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Declared all my mods through CN got a custom policy so every things covered
OH NO IT ISN'T!!

I've had a CN Custom policy for 5 x years (on 3 x bikes) and previously had to list all modifications & provide pictures of the "main" bike (a heavily modified modern Royal Enfield).

Trying to renew this week, I mentioned the non-E-marked cans on the Monster and they said "not covered, and any claim would have been thrown out immediately". I pointed out the main bike has a non-E-marked "goldstar type" silencer that I had listed years ago, and they said in that case it also wasn't ever covered!

All my silencers have passed recent MOTs with no problem, but Equity Red Star via Carole Nash are only happy with e-markings.

I'm now looking to re-insure elsewhere as, having been made aware of this issue, I can currently only ride my standard ST4 (such hardship!).