UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Slow Monster rebuild

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #11
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I made the polypropylene skirts for the air scoop moulds and nearly finished the hugger mould skirt today and I finished the modification to the battery tray (see above). I had intended to lay up CF for the replacement infill panels and first pass at the belt covers but did not get time for it. The belt covers will almost certainly fail because of the convoluted shape and the near right angle transitions between the outward face and the part that covers the belt itself. Not really sure what to do if they do fail as the original covers were sacrificed in making the mould - I might just have to buy some.
Suffering from insomnia last night I had a look at my ETTC plan and in summary I need another 270 hours to complete the bike (if all goes to plan which it never does), with 127 hours still required to finish the CF stuff, 48 on painting, 45 hours on the engine, 20 on residual wiring stuff with the balance being odds and sods. These are all wildly optimistic estimates obviously.
Unfortunately, all the CF stuff has to be done first (I am getting bored with it - as I am sure you are) as the errant CF strands and the dust from filler will all have to be vacuumed up before the engine internals are uncovered.
Once the engine is done then the frame can be bolted on and I am sure progress from then on will be very rapid.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote