UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Clutch tools and fork install height. 1000Sie

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
dacs

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Clutch tools and fork install height. 1000Sie

Clutch q. I've seen tools on a certain auction site for locking the clutch hub and (separate tool) drum using plates that fix to the clutch cover screw holes. Although I can understand how they work, I'm dubious about transmiting the torque levels required, especially for the hub, into the casing. Has anyone tried these, or formed an opinion on their viability?
Fork install q. my (German) workshop manual shows a measurement of 296mm for the distance from the top of the fork tube nut to the underside of the lower yoke. I'd have to ride without handlebars to accommodate the fork tops/adjusters, so something's amiss. They are currently showing 3mm above the top yoke, and I have seen nothing on the bike to suggest this has changed since it left the factory, can anyone help with an achievable setting, please? (also have a Haynes manual, just says to re-install to the measurement taken when removing, which sort of misses the point)