UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Comfort seat...

Old 05-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
MattyJ

Bike: M821
Comfort seat...

Right....new to the Monster and only just half way to the first service at 6ft 1 and 33” inseam the seat isn’t particularly high.....is the additional 25mm of the comfort seat going to be noticeable? (I have search and found threads that it’s no more comfy for the derrière but it’s the height I’m interested in)

It’s a 2019 821 if it makes a difference

Appreciate anyone’s experience with one.
MattyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Moco1961

Hi Matt, you could always grab some seat foam from your place of work and use as a "cushion" to see what difference it makes ???
Old 05-01-2020, 07:38 PM   #3
Doggy

Bike: M796
If I remember rightly the 821 seat height can be raised/lowered about 25mm with the plastic blocks under the seat ? Check yours is on the heighest setting? I'm a short arse but preffered it with the blocks higher .
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #4
mickj

Bike: M1200s
I've got a "comfort" seat on my 1200 and although it's much better than standard it's not perfect. I am looking for a spare seat so I can get it recovered with another inch and a half of foam, especially at the front. The pillion portion is no different to standard so the seat cover will still fit (which did not impress my wife).
Old 06-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ View Post
Right....new to the Monster and only just half way to the first service at 6ft 1
I'm really surprised how short the service intervals are on the new bikes. At 12' 2" you could probably achieve that without leaving the forecourt!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:25 PM   #6
Rrawlings

Bike: M1100evo
I have a couple of friends that have used this place for years for making and modifying seats for racing and also lowering and raising to suit comfort so may be worth a shout unless there is someone more local to you. But they are rebound for being very good although not used them myself.
https://tonyarcher.co.uk/services/bike-seats/
Rrawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #7
MattyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I'm really surprised how short the service intervals are on the new bikes. At 12' 2" you could probably achieve that without leaving the forecourt!
Oh my that does read funny.....I wish they were, seaming to take ages, the temptation to really open it is is horrendous 😂
Old 11-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #8
MattyJ

Cheers MJGT, it’s good that it’s an improvement. And the point in the pillion seat cover/cowl I hadn’t thought about, I definitely want to ensure that stays as I’ll be one up 90% of the time.

Tony Archer rings a bell from my Bandit years.....great option. I will give him a call. Now I have a harder decision.

I might copy you MJGT and get the Comfort seat and then take my seat up for modification(as I can’t bare to miss a riding opportunity!)
Old 11-01-2020, 08:24 AM   #9
mickj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ View Post
Cheers MJGT, it’s good that it’s an improvement. And the point in the pillion seat cover/cowl I hadn’t thought about, I definitely want to ensure that stays as I’ll be one up 90% of the time.

Tony Archer rings a bell from my Bandit years.....great option. I will give him a call. Now I have a harder decision.

I might copy you MJGT and get the Comfort seat and then take my seat up for modification(as I can’t bare to miss a riding opportunity!)
Tony Archer did my Tiger sport seat and it turned out fantastic, he even matched the red stitching so it looked standard, much better than standard and when I sold it I got back what it cost me. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:04 AM   #10
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
You might find that a set of bar risers if they exist will help.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #11
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I’ve got the comfort seat on my 1200R, about an inch taller so knees are not so folded up. It does put your weight forward a little more but no bad thing, a little more weight over the front helps corner grip (not really lacking but every bit helps) and allegedly keeps the front wheel down under hard acceleration but it doesn’t seem to help on that front.. lol!
Old 12-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #12
Stinger101

I also bought the 25mm taller comfort seat. I have a 33" inside leg and am 6' tall. This helped my riding position. Puts a bit more weight forward as Pedro says and the associated benefits of that. I prefer it for that alone and don't really notice any better comfort tbh. Always easy to sit in the saddle for a full tank so maybe I do....?
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote