UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » luggage on an Evo

Old 11-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #1
Rrawlings

Bike: M1100evo
luggage on an Evo

Hi guys

I know I'm slightly premature but I like to plan in advance. I'm going to the TT again this year but first time with the evo. I'm going for 5 days but not camping so what do people recommend luggage wise and any photos of setup would be great. I have some Oxford panniers that I used on my SV and Daytona as well as a giant roll bag that was a pain to secure. I borrowed an Oxford roll bag last time I went that had a loop for under the seat and rolled at the top which was great but the man I borrowed it from is coming with me so thought I would ask the people in the know before I buy anything. I'm not sure if panniers will work now I've lost the pillion pegs and put an evotech hanger on.

As usual thanks in advance
Rrawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
Doggy

Bike: M796
I've got some Kreiga luggage that I have used on several different bikes . It's always been 100% waterproof and totally stable on all the bikes . I have a US 20 and a US30 . The 20 is over 10 years old and good as new . They fit with straps under the seat and connect to the bag . Takes seconds to fit and remove .You can mount them width ways across the seat on length ways, whichever suits . Here's a couple of pics .

on my 765 RS

On my 796

On my 600 hornet, 9 days across Spain
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
1100s kriega 10 or 20l on seat and tank bra with 10l or a 5l. Used also a small back pack just for day out use. To TT in 2013 but same used on my scrambler in 2015
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
I have used a 49 litre Ortlieb Rack-Pack for 2 week trips and a 30 litre Oxford Aqua T30 for shorter trips. I secured them with ROK Straps. Because I removed the pillion pegs and their hangers I ended up putting some D rings on the underside of the tail tidy to make securing the ROK Straps easier. An Oxford Aqua T30 and a couple of ROK Straps costs about £50-£60. That’s less than half the price of a Kriega US-30.

I also had a SW-Motech/Bags Connection Trip QL tank bag. That clips to a ring fitted around the filler cap.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #5
Rrawlings

Thanks all.

I like the idea of the loops under the tail I might have a play over the weekend. Part of me thinks go get the Kriega but SunEye has me thinking buy the cheaper oxford bag for the odd trip (annual tt trip) I have the large bag for taking all the stuff for camping but now have somewhere cheap enough that involves less luggage
Old 12-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #6
rollo22

Have a look at these i have a set on my EVO

https://kriega.com/adventure/os-rack-loops

If you pm me your Email i will send a couple of pics over
Old 12-12-2019, 06:32 PM   #7
Rrawlings

They look like the sort of thing I was thinking of making rollo. Some webbing from a ratchet strap sewn together on the wife’s machine, hole burnt through and a washer either side and I’ve got the same thing for free! Money saved can go towards the luggage. Although I wonder if the loops could be used to secure my panniers then. Has anyone actually put throw over panniers on an evo themselves?