UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Anybody bought a helmet from these before?

Old 19-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
ledheadlamp

Anybody bought a helmet from these before?

Hi guys,
Just seen an advert for these guys on facebook.. saying they do cheap motorbike helmets, company called buy helmets online ? Look like they're based in manchester

Wantted to grab a spare alongside my arai, Been trying to find reviews online, can't find any, big surprise.

So what do you reckon has anyone else here in the MOC used them and are they legit? Might just go to my local if can't come up with anything here

Thanks lads
Old 19-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #2
the lodger

Bike: M900
Having done a bit of internet research, I would not consider buying from them. I would use SBS because they are excellent with returns/exchanges etc.
Old 19-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
Moco1961

Helmet

So for my two peneth, sports bikeshop is where mine came from, they have a great return policy and great offers
Old 19-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Race visors have a deal on at the moment until the end of the bike show 25% off using NEC25 at check out.
Old 19-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
I will second Sports Bike Shop. Not always the cheapest, but the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Good choice of makes backed with stock levels to match, plus as mentioned, a user friendly returns policy.
Lastly, they sell genuine products, not cloned look alike from China.
Be wary of ultra cheap helmets with known brand labels. They may look the same, but are not made to the same std. I think it was MCN ( not sure on the publication) who earlier this year purchased a cheap branded helmet off the net, then took the helmet to the manufacturer. They tested the helmet, it failed the euro tests by miles.
Old 19-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Just look at the guy's beard… Is his email address hipster2@helmet.co.uk ?

+ another 1 for sportsbikeshop I've bought a few bits and pieces from them including my last helmet. No problems.
Old 19-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #7
Doggy

Bike: M796
Helmetcity are good, Ive been to one of their shops . Great service on line also .
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #8
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
How much money do you save buying from these guys? If you are sure of the fit/ sizing and pay for it with PayPal I would buy from them if the savings were worthwhile.

PayPal Protection
When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn't arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund. To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection: Use PayPal to complete your payment.
Old 20-11-2019, 07:10 AM   #9
ledheadlamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Just look at the guy's beard… Is his email address hipster2@helmet.co.uk ?

+ another 1 for sportsbikeshop I've bought a few bits and pieces from them including my last helmet. No problems.
Thanks for the information.
Old 20-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #10
ledheadlamp

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I will second Sports Bike Shop. Not always the cheapest, but the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Good choice of makes backed with stock levels to match, plus as mentioned, a user friendly returns policy.
Lastly, they sell genuine products, not cloned look alike from China.
Be wary of ultra cheap helmets with known brand labels. They may look the same, but are not made to the same std. I think it was MCN ( not sure on the publication) who earlier this year purchased a cheap branded helmet off the net, then took the helmet to the manufacturer. They tested the helmet, it failed the euro tests by miles.
Looks great to consider, thanks for your suggestion.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #11
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I love the clause in their returns policy page ..

Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.

Otherwise I can't see that they are massively cheap, shop around for deals from mainstream and you can get to pretty much the same prices.

Frequently these places will be shifting new old stock that the bigger dealers haven't shifted, or got the tail end of runs direct from manufacturers, helmets are a bit faddy and if you haven't got this years pattern/colour you need a new one. Also their margins will be much lower.

Not convinced they'd be good or bad.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #12
ledheadlamp

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
Helmetcity are good, Ive been to one of their shops . Great service on line also .
Thanks, will take it into account.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #13
ledheadlamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo22 View Post
Race visors have a deal on at the moment until the end of the bike show 25% off using NEC25 at check out.
Taken into account, thanks for this info.
Old 20-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #14
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
2nd helmet city, usually have a wide and varied stock on the shelves to suit all tastes and pockets
Old 21-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #15
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Sportsbikeshop will also allow you to buy as many helmets as you can afford, try them on at home for a couple of days (must not use them on the road) and then send the ones you don't like back free for a full refund.

Tags
arai, buy helmets online, helmets, reviews