UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Altering Injection Feed Layout

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2020, 07:07 PM   #1
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Altering Injection Feed Layout

Hi all, anyone got any comments to make about my current mod. The bike is a 94 chassis with a DS lump, currently using the throttles/injectors off a 2001 900ie with the standard period feed & return fuel line system. Now I always had a feeling that the bike ran better just after filling up with fuel, it seemed that little bit sharper. I fancied that if it wasn't simply my imagination, then it would probably be down to the new fuel being cooler and which subsequently warms up. So to lessen the opportunities for heat transfer, I've just got a low slung oil cooler and I'm going to get rid of the fuel return. Easy to do because I use a non-ducati fuel pump that comes in both return & returnless forms. So the big questions are first will it work no problem and might it also help lessen any heating effect? On the bright side I will at least shred a bit of weight and will also open up air flow a bit too. As always all comments most welcome, Bitza