UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » M600 Fork Replacement / Alternatives?

Old 15-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
genex

M600 Fork Replacement / Alternatives?

Hi Everybody!

I'm a new member of the Ducati owners family. I've purchased an old (94) and 'slightly feeling sorry for itself' M600. It's currently completely stripped down now and my current task is to sort out the leaking forks.

I've taken them apart and it looks like the bushes will require replacement, the fork stanchions will require re-chroming and of course new seals etc. On top of that, the anodised part of the fork is looking a bit sorry for itself.

So, I think they are not economically viable to fix and I'm thinking that I should replace them with another set (does anyone have any for sale ) OR what are the alternatives that I could fit whilst retaining the same front disk (which is practically brand new) and the same caliper?

I've seen these on ebay:

M900-UPSIDE-DOWN-USD-FRONT-FORKS

Would I be able to fit those using the yokes that I already have or does anyone have some better ideas (without spending a small fortune ).

Thanks

Steve
Old 16-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
They look like they would be a straight swap, and as they are from a 900 also have the extra caliper mount if you want to install a twin disc set up.

Later forks (hollow wheel spindle) will also go on but you'll need calipers, wheel spindle, wheel, mudguard and speedo drive to match.

Last edited by gary tompkins; 16-10-2010 at 11:00 AM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Pomp1

I've got a set of those in the garage (Showa non-adjustable), and I wouldn't charge nowhere near that for the set..
Old 16-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
analogue_rogue

i had this exact issue and ended up shellling out £150 for new forks. and that worked out cheaper than a garage!!!!
Old 17-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
genex

Thanks for the replies guys, great news about those M900 forks fitting my M600.

Pomp, I'll PM you my contact details.

Steve
Old 18-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
genex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
I've got a set of those in the garage (Showa non-adjustable), and I wouldn't charge nowhere near that for the set..
Hi Pomp,

I've tried to reply to your message but it say's that you have exceeded your quota for personal messages so I can't reply!

Anyway, I'd like to take you up on your offer for the forks so if you could let me know how we can proceed that would be great.

Cheers

Steve

Tags
forks, m600